UTMB 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

Guest hopefulpastuden0519

For those who interviewed today (11/5) will y’all keep us posted on when you hear back over acceptances!! 

Do you typically hear back by that week following the interview if you’re accepted?

Also are the last rounds of interviews done on 11/29?

10 hours ago, hopefulpastuden0519 said:

For those who interviewed today (11/5) will y’all keep us posted on when you hear back over acceptances!! 

Do you typically hear back by that week following the interview if you’re accepted?

Also are the last rounds of interviews done on 11/29?

You typically hear back Friday if you're one of the few who are accepted right after interviews. I never got a phone call, just an email. And the subject line had another girls name, but the documents in the email had my name & address, so don't freak out if it is someone else's name lol- they just forgot to change it. In the facebook group another person posted, there's only 30 members, so there's still quite a few spots open. So don't freak out if you don't hear back this week!  

Guest hopefulpastuden0519
15 minutes ago, 2019PA said:

Stats: SCI GPA 3.55, CUM GPA 3.62, 1900 community service hrs, 1500 PCE hours

verified:08/27

completed: 08/29

Interviewed: 11/05

acceptance: 11/06 at noon today. So happy and can't wait to start the program!

did you get an email/or phone call

22 hours ago, ErikaIrene said:

@shrch  Does UTMB send out what specific spot applicants have on waitlist or just notification that you're on the list? From what I've seen here is 11/19 last interview date? 

No they don’t tell you what your spot is. They tell you that you’re on the waitlist & if you accept, you print & sign a form then scan & email it back saying you want to be waitlisted 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Asadifard said:

Hi 

Would you please a little guide about how to find the building? any advice for the parking lot?

It takes up a whole block and it says SOHP on it . U can’t miss it. There is a little construction going on around it so maybe go find it the day before just to make the day of easy. Parking idk sorry , it’s easier to have someone drop u off a lot of people used Uber.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, Asadifard said:

Hi 

Would you please a little guide about how to find the building? any advice for the parking lot?

If you pull up the map they sent you along with your interview offer, you’ll see parking garage #2 that’s a couple blocks from the School of Health Professions building (where the interview will be) and adjacent to the ER. You can park there. You’ll have to walk a couple blocks over to the building, so keep an eye on the weather for interview day.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:18 PM, utpa17 said:

This is slightly unrelated, but I was a nutrition major and used my nutrition class to substitute the immunology pre req  & no one asked why or commented on it 

The course code is biol 1322 for Nutrition and Diet Therapy at HCC, do schools have the same code in Texas. Sorry if it is a stupid question, I am a foreign student. 

21 minutes ago, JaneYi said:

The course code is biol 1322 for Nutrition and Diet Therapy at HCC, do schools have the same code in Texas. Sorry if it is a stupid question, I am a foreign student. 

Does ACC have a transfer equivalency thing? when taking colleges at community college, I used the UT transfer equivalency to see which classes qualified. For example, I took NTR312 at UT, so if I had taken nutrition at HCC, the class would be HEC1305, which is NTR306 at UT, which still counts I think. That is probably very confusing, but see if HCC has a transfer equivalency system or just email UTMB and ask which nutrition works since they don't specify a specific course code on their self appraisal checklist

Edited by utpa17