UTMB 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

ADVICE NEEDED FROM CURRENT STUDENTS! 

So I am applying my first time around this year and I am debating on what time frame would be the best situation to apply! So, I am currently taking a genetics course that will end the first week of May and after this class, the only  pre-requisite‘s I will need will be organic chemistry and microbiology. I am taking organic chemistry summer 1 and that class will end July 10. So my question is, should I apply after my genetics course ends early June with two classes remaining left on my application, or should I wait till mid July and apply with only microbiology remaining?

All advice is very much appreciated!

Hello All,

I was accepted to UTMB PA program on Nov. 21st. As the beginning of the program draws near, I am trying to reach out and gain a better understanding of what to expect in the first few weeks (classes start July 15th, 2019). Also, if you are a fellow member of UTMB PA Class of 2021...we're in it together now and I can't wait to meet you! 🙂

Any one have any advice on what to expect for the first few weeks or the weeks leading up to moving in? I will be living in student housing (apartments) as well so any advice pertaining to that is appreciated too.

1 hour ago, Mez1722 said:

Hello All,

I was accepted to UTMB PA program on Nov. 21st. As the beginning of the program draws near, I am trying to reach out and gain a better understanding of what to expect in the first few weeks (classes start July 15th, 2019). Also, if you are a fellow member of UTMB PA Class of 2021...we're in it together now and I can't wait to meet you! 🙂

Any one have any advice on what to expect for the first few weeks or the weeks leading up to moving in? I will be living in student housing (apartments) as well so any advice pertaining to that is appreciated too.

They should have orientation for a few days before the summer semester starts. You'll have the opportunity to meet with faculty and staff at that time. The white coat ceremony also happens during the first week (I think that Monday?).

The summer semester is a breeze compared to fall/spring. Take advantage of it! You'll be taking three courses (Intro to Health Professions, Patient Eval I, and Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine). Only Patient Eval I has a lab component to it.

If you haven't already, join the Facebook group for the incoming class. Plenty of information there.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations to all - can you keep this forum updated on the status of the probationary "hearing" or visit the ARC-PA will be doing this month? I applied for the 2020 cycle, this is my top choice as I live in Houston and Baylor is (probably) a no-go. I am concerned about the probation status of accreditation, though. I wouldn't want to be put on hold for any reason or have to find another school halfway through. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Curivity said:

Congratulations to all - can you keep this forum updated on the status of the probationary "hearing" or visit the ARC-PA will be doing this month? I applied for the 2020 cycle, this is my top choice as I live in Houston and Baylor is (probably) a no-go. I am concerned about the probation status of accreditation, though. I wouldn't want to be put on hold for any reason or have to find another school halfway through. Thanks.

The site visit already happened. We will all hear back from ARC-PA this month. You'll find out long before you even interview at UTMB.

• 2 weeks later...