Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Did anyone else pay their supplemental fee but still receive an email that you have outstanding requirements?  I emailed Elizabeth back and she said they process payments weekly and I will receive another email next week if it is still outstanding. I submitted my payment 3 weeks ago so unsure how they have not received it yet, I'm a little nervous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yllekk said:

Did anyone else pay their supplemental fee but still receive an email that you have outstanding requirements?  I emailed Elizabeth back and she said they process payments weekly and I will receive another email next week if it is still outstanding. I submitted my payment 3 weeks ago so unsure how they have not received it yet, I'm a little nervous 

In the exact same boat. I'm also concerned and really bummed they aren't reviewing my app yet considering how early I submitted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mikaelawhite said:

In the exact same boat. I'm also concerned and really bummed they aren't reviewing my app yet considering how early I submitted.

I was under the impression that Baylor participated in non rolling admissions so then it would not matter what time you submitted the app?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JerydP said:

I was under the impression that Baylor participated in non rolling admissions so then it would not matter what time you submitted the app?

Yes, they're non-rolling. I attended one of their info sessions and it was mentioned that they start sending out interview invites in early October. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I was looking to get my BLS certification renewed as it recently expired. I saw that Baylor requires your current BLS certification to be valid through June of the year following matriculation. I am looking to get mine renewed in July, but want to submit my application this week. Does anyone know if it would be a problem to submit the application without an updated BLS certification? I would appreciate feedback!! Thank you and good luck to everyone this cycle!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gebre said:

Is the GRE considered in the application review? I couldn't find anything about it on the website and I haven't gotten a response from the admissions email. Anyone know?

I had emailed the admissions committee prior to applying and they stated the GRE is not required for this cycle

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I got an email from admissions saying that something is missing from my application but I double checked my supplemental payment and anything else I could think of and can't figure out what that could be. I emailed paprogram@bcm.edu asking about this and haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know how long it typically takes them to respond to emails? Also did anyone else have this same issue and have any tips for how to fix it? Thank you and good luck to everybody!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eerr99 said:

Hi everyone! I got an email from admissions saying that something is missing from my application but I double checked my supplemental payment and anything else I could think of and can't figure out what that could be. I emailed paprogram@bcm.edu asking about this and haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know how long it typically takes them to respond to emails? Also did anyone else have this same issue and have any tips for how to fix it? Thank you and good luck to everybody!

I also had received an email like this and then about a week later got another email stating everything was fulfilled. When I reached out to the department the woman, Elizabeth, told me they process the supplemental payments "weekly". Chances are they just haven't reviewed your payment yet so don't stress!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi y'all - do any of you know the level of religion within Baylor's PA program? This is what I found but was not sure how the PA program is.

https://www.baylor.edu/diversity/index.php?id=963497

I want to make sure the PA program I go to is truly accepting of LGBTQ (as an ally) and I am also an atheist. So not sure if I should skip applying-or if it stays pretty secular within the program. Let me know if you have more insight!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, joannabui said:

Hi everyone! Just checking, there isn't a separate supplemental app that we need to fill out right? just whatever is on CASPA and then pay the supplemental fee on the website? 

Correct!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone! I received a receipt for my supplemental payment last Friday but haven’t received any other correspondence from BCM yet. How long did it take for you guys to receive an email that your application is under review? I have been verified since May btw!

 

Thank you and good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 12:25 PM, houpa2024 said:

Hi, everyone! I received a receipt for my supplemental payment last Friday but haven’t received any other correspondence from BCM yet. How long did it take for you guys to receive an email that your application is under review? I have been verified since May btw!

 

Thank you and good luck!

I submitted 7/12 and just got an email today 7/25 that my application is complete and now in the screening process.. Lol can't lie, the emails a little nervewracking. They really lay out the whole process for you.

Edited by ChristyPrePA
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Kberns
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Kammie and I am currently an PA applicant for 2021-2022. I have obtained over 2,000 hours of patient care experience (PCE) as a medical assistant for a dermatology clinic. I am not certified and looking for students who want to obtain PCE as a medical assistant. If you would like to know more information please message below and I can get in contact with you about a great hands on opportunity in Fort Worth, Texas. Thank you.

    • By PrePA2614
      Hi everyone!
      I figured I would go ahead and start a new thread for this application cycle! I submitted my CASPA yesterday and was verified this morning. This is my second cycle applying and I am so excited! Good luck to everyone!!
    • By PrePA2614
      Hello everyone!
      Starting a new thread for this application cycle! I submitted my CASPA yesterday and was verified today! Super excited for this cycle! Good luck to everyone applying!!
    • By vjaniceb
      Hi there, my name is Vanessa and I just graduated with my bachelor's in February. I am looking to pursue into a PA program but not quite sure where to start. I am currently studying for the GRE and have about 250 internship hours done at an ENT clinic with an audiologist. I'm not sure in what I am doing and need any guidance or suggestion in what to do. 
    • By HillarySimeone
      Hi! My name is Hillary Simeone and I am a second year Physician Assistant student. I am looking for a preceptor and site to fulfill my elective rotation, seventh rotation of eight total, in the Dallas, Texas area. The dates for this rotation would be: September 13th, 2021 - October 20th, 2021. I have an open mind regarding my elective rotation and am open to new learning experiences. I can provide my CV to any prospective preceptor for consideration. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
       
      email: hillarysimeone@gmail.com
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More