How Much $$$ Do You Make? (Informal Poll)

How Much Do You Make Per Year?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Do You Make Per Year?

• $80-90k
    • $91-100k
    • $101-110k
    • $111-120k
    • $121-130k
    • $131-140k
    • $141-150k
    • > $151k

Oh c'mon! Penises are only half our jobs day to day!

Oh yeah ballz are the other half[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]?

Pecked Checker and Penis Machinists were what corpsmen were called... It gave me a complex that's why I never went into Uro hahahaha. But with the coin you make bruh, all I gotta say to a pt is "pull them down and let me check it out..." hahahaha ?

No... I'm good lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Oh yeah ballz are the other half[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]?

Pecked Checker and Penis Machinists were what corpsmen were called... It gave me a complex that's why I never went into Uro hahahaha. But with the coin you make bruh, all I gotta say to a pt is "pull them down and let me check it out..." hahahaha ?

No... I'm good lol

You went too far [emoji14] steam team is the dream team, buster.
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CorpsmanUP said:

Doing Locums work in Neo, make $165 an hour working 12 shifts a month. Two weeks on and two weeks off. Anything more than 12 shifts is time and a half. In my book, a post grad residency was more than worth it.

Neo=Neonatology?  If I may ask, what state/geographical area do you work?

• Upvote 2

I am about $125k for 1100hours

we are still cheaper then doc's and I am hopeful that in time the rates for highly experienced, pinacle of our career - will more closely approach the docs pay for the IM world.    Really what is the difference in me versus my doc seeing the patient.... none....

On 2/4/2018 at 7:53 AM, Dichotomy said:

Wow 20 years and only 113K ??--- What GS is that, and does that include locality pay? Which state is this?

BTW - You aren't a failure, I think it's the federal government that is failing us. The VA really needs to review PA pay scale. I understand benefits and such is enticing but still much more need to be done for PAs $$ - 

There is an ongoing process to review PA salaries and revamp the scale so that it mimics the grading system that the PAs have. The salary quoted includes locality pay, and is a special rate - less than 100 miles from here another facility makes about $10K more.   The PAs in my department have 20 to 37 years of experience, and all make the same grade.

10 hours ago, JPMiller said:

224k in UC working just over 40 a week, plus stellar benefits, 403b And 457 retirement accounts, 4wks vaca, 2 wks sick, 1 wk Cme with 3k for cme. High col area. With a medical director that focuses on quality of care and not numbers to boot!

Sweet mother of pearl!

What state if you don't mind me asking?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JPMiller said:

224k in UC working just over 40 a week, plus stellar benefits, 403b And 457 retirement accounts, 4wks vaca, 2 wks sick, 1 wk Cme with 3k for cme. High col area. With a medical director that focuses on quality of care and not numbers to boot!

That's a great salary, do you mind me asking what a typical house goes for so I can see what you mean by high COL. The reason I ask is I just turned down a part time UC position and I live in a very low COL, and thought to myself if I was "wanting" too much money per hr...

ER:  pulled down $274K last year...average 19 ten-hour shifts per month...the last 2 hrs per shift are time and a half.  Also work mostly night shifts which have a 10% differential.  Central Valley, California...110,000 visits/yr in a L2 trauma center.  COL is reasonably cheap for CA...not Arkansas or Oklahoma cheap, but about the cheapest COL you'll find on the west coast.  

Brand spanking new grads can make over $200,000 if they pick up a ton of shifts.  

• Upvote 2

Cental Cal inland is actually not bad.  VERY comparable to DFW area house price wise.  I know...I've looked.  The state income tax hurts in Ca, but take a look at property taxes in DFW and you will poop your pants.  $335k house in Tarrant county........$8000 per year in property taxes (which means you have to make around $9500 gross just to pay that $8k every single freaking year).  Killer.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:46 AM, JC40 said:

Since you are doing Locums, is this a 1099 job?

Yes. I am a 1099, and receive my healthcare benefits and retirement through the Reserves. My plan from even before PA school was to do Locums (Thanks, Boats and EMEDPA). The adage you can choose two of compensation, specialty, or location holds some truth; I chose the first two. I was very intentional in choosing a specialty and pursuing a post-grad residency. On the job training does not compare to a structured learning environment, with off service rotations at a tertiary medical center. That difference has been commented on by both the MDs and the NPs I currently work with.

• Upvote 4

Some of these responses are outrageous to the point that i have trouble believing them...>250,000 as a PA? Sorry, don't buy it.  Even at 190 hours a month, that's $120 an hour!  Just not possible. $150,000 for 36 hours a week?  Not gonna  happen within 100 miles of where I live.

In NYC area, starting salary for PA in hospital setting is about 80K.  A few years of experience and you miiiiiiight pull 95K-100K in a busy ER. Anything above 130,000 is downright OUTRAGEOUS for a single job in the region.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

It is possible ....

I had a recruiter reach out to me for an EM position in central California last week. Base hourly rate of $100/hr. In California, anything over 8 hrs worked in a single day is paid at 1.5 times. Blended hourly rate for 10 hr shifts is $110/hr. 160 hrs per month x 12 months = $211,200 per year. That does not take into account the 10% shift differential associated with evening and night shifts. 

When I explained to the recruiter that I am a soon-to-be new grad, he quickly realized I was not the experienced PA candidate he was targeting and graciously let me go.

I currently have 2 EM offers in Central CA. Blended rate for both falls between $70-80/hr, and I would be able to work as much as I want. I have talked to a few experienced PAs at each site and it is not uncommon for industrious new grads to top out close to $200K/yr. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, quietmedic said:

Some of these responses are outrageous to the point that i have trouble believing them...>250,000 as a PA? Sorry, don't buy it.  Even at 190 hours a month, that's $120 an hour!  Just not possible. $150,000 for 36 hours a week?  Not gonna  happen within 100 miles of where I live.

In NYC area, starting salary for PA in hospital setting is about 80K.  A few years of experience and you miiiiiiight pull 95K-100K in a busy ER. Anything above 130,000 is downright OUTRAGEOUS for a single job in the region.  

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/neonatal-nurse-practitioner-locum-tenens-at-amn-healthcare-573342914

The link to my position...

$165 hr x 144 hr a month = $285,120 gross. I work 12 shifts a month and stack it two weeks on and two weeks off (the equivalent of 36 hours a week).

NY is known for having crap pay rates, hence why I won't work there.

edited to say: Yes I get overtime for anything over 12 shifts

• Upvote 4

I make more than 150k for 32 hours a week.... In Family Med! GASP!

Depends on experience and where you are. New York from what I hear is a horribly PA unfriendly state.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Joelseff said:

I make more than 150k for 32 hours a week.... In Family Med! GASP!

Depends on experience and where you are. New York from what I hear is a horribly PA unfriendly state.

Do you mean unfriendly in terms of pay? Because I've been under the impression that NY is very PA-friendly in terms of practice ability (as in very few restrictions).

https://www.bartonassociates.com/locum-tenens-resources/pa-scope-of-practice-laws/

Do you mean unfriendly in terms of pay? Because I've been under the impression that NY is very PA-friendly in terms of practice ability (as in very few restrictions).

https://www.bartonassociates.com/locum-tenens-resources/pa-scope-of-practice-laws/

Yes pay but don't quote me... I have only "heard" this so grain of salt and everything...

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, camoman1234 said:

That's a great salary, do you mind me asking what a typical house goes for so I can see what you mean by high COL. The reason I ask is I just turned down a part time UC position and I live in a very low COL, and thought to myself if I was "wanting" too much money per hr...

I believe that the median home price here is close to 800k and going up rapidly.