2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the information we got from the previous year students was that there is no deposit.  However, this was also offset by the fact that they had to wait until february to find out if they got in.  In fact, a couple of them stated that they had already put down a deposit at other schools and had to lose that cash in favor of UC Davis.

I have been accepted into the program, which I am ecstatic about, but does anyone else find the cost of attendance an exorbitant amount? Is it true true they have raised tuition 100% in the last 2 years? I guess I don't totally understand what makes the program $114k?!?

Additionally, I swear in the interview they said the $114k was including the cost of living, but apparently that is not true.

I have been accepted into the program, which I am ecstatic about, but does anyone else find the cost of attendance an exorbitant amount? Is it true true they have raised tuition 100% in the last 2 years? I guess I don't totally understand what makes the program $114k?!?

Additionally, I swear in the interview they said the $114k was including the cost of living, but apparently that is not true.

-----

Hi.

I also remember them saying the 114 would include CoL during the PowerPoint presentation, but I guess that was a mistake. Were you at the 10/09 interview?

I was accepted to two other programs and Davis is by far the most affordable option of the three, so for me it's a no brainer. Plus, of my four total interviews, Davis was the most comprehensive and impressive.

One of the other schools would have cost 180-200K total, so I am very happy with Davis

-----

Hi.

I also remember them saying the 114 would include CoL during the PowerPoint presentation, but I guess that was a mistake. Were you at the 10/09 interview?

I was accepted to two other programs and Davis is by far the most affordable option of the three, so for me it's a no brainer. Plus, of my four total interviews, Davis was the most comprehensive and impressive.

One of the other schools would have cost 180-200K total, so I am very happy with Davis

I interviewed on Oct. 15th and they also mentioned the $114K included living expenses. Either way, all the programs I've applied to are about the same in price. I'm accepting the offer from UC Davis, as I was also very impressed with the "Candidate Meet Day" and looking forward to working with the faculty.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who got the acceptance email, received the official letter from Davis's office of graduate studies??

I recently emailed Student Services regarding this. They replied that there have been some delays but they hope to have the official notices of admission sent out within the next 1-2 weeks.

For those of you who were interviewed and/or accepted to the program do you mind sharing your personal statement?  I would like to see what sort of changes I could make for next year.  You can send me a private message and i will send you my email so you can send it that way.  Congrats to all who were accepted. 

I got an email on 12/11/15 confirming my spot on the wait list. Anyone know what the wait list situation is like? How many students are on the wait list and the chances of getting accepted? I was one of the students who did not interview. Anyone else in my situation? 

I was waitlisted and did interview. Tbh not sure how I feel about people who didn't interview getting waitlisted. Why did I take off work and spend the money to fly all the way to California if other people didn't have to to get the same result?

Sazerac, the people who are waitlisted without an interview are waitlisted for an interview.  You were already interviewed and are on a waitlist for acceptance.  You are not in the same position.

Sazerac, the people who are waitlisted without an interview are waitlisted for an interview. You were already interviewed and are on a waitlist for acceptance. You are not in the same position.

Aren't interviews over?? Why would they do a separate interview for these people? I am so confused...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Archived