2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

Hello! For those of you who were accepted, what work/ volunteer/ etc experience did you have that you believe helped to get you accepted? What advice do you have to help make an applicant stand out?

The current student I talked to today said that having community volunteer hours outside of the medical field was a big help. It shows that you care about your community in more than a medical capacity.  If you have local animal rescues, they are always in need of help. Girl Scout troops love help too. What state are you located in?  I am in Northern California.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on the waitlist for UC Davis and just got accepted to the PA program. I'm excited but have a hard choice to make now between Davis and Emory, the other school where I was accepted.

Congratulations that is awesome for both!!  Did UC Davis give you a respond by date?  If yes, when is it? You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it here.

Hi all! I'm planning to apply this cycle for Class of 2019. For those who were accepted or waitlisted, can you share your stats like cumulative and science gpa? I see that the gpa requirement is 2.7 for science and 3.0 for cumulative! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

Hi all! I'm planning to apply this cycle for Class of 2019. For those who were accepted or waitlisted, can you share your stats like cumulative and science gpa? I see that the gpa requirement is 2.7 for science and 3.0 for cumulative! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

Hi cpkpa.. I was accepted for entry 2016 and had (at the time of submitting) an overall GPA 3.36, overall science of 3.11, and overall non-science of 3.64. I've heard that most schools look into your last 30-40 credited hours and for that I had a ~3.75 overall. I had about 240 shadowing hours with PAs/MDs of 4 different specialties (100 hrs of which were with a PA). I also had well over 600 community service hours (only one being medical related) over several undergrad years and even after graduating (I was an orthodontist assistant for two years after graduating). Personally I think they take all of that into consideration but also how "outgoing" you are and how you communicate with others at the meet day. I made sure to ask many questions and speak up about anything I was curious about, and spoke to many other candidates. Again, that's just my opinion.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you receive notice that you had been accepted off the wait list? You interviewed correct? Well congrats and good luck with your decision. Emory is also a great program! I'm holding out hope and on multiple wait lists here:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry this reply is coming so late! I've been traveling for the last two months. I got an email from Davis letting me know, and then got an official acceptance letter about 2 weeks later. I did interview. Hope one of your waitlists has worked out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived