2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! For those of you I haven't met yet, my name is Ryan and I'm one of the first year PA students at UC Davis. Our class would like to welcome you all to Sacramento for visit days and look forward to meeting you all in the coming weeks! For those of you coming to visit day on October 9, the details for the pre-visit day mixer on the night of October 8 are posted below =] Details for all other visit days will be posted the week prior. Please message me if you have any questions. Good luck!

What: Pre-Visit Day Mixer with Current Students (optional)

When: Thursday, October 8 (night before visit day) at 6:30pm

Where: Coin-Op Game Room Pub (908 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814)

Why: Our cohort would like to invite all candidates to an informal dinner mixer (dutch) with current students the night before each visit day. This is completely optional and is in no way associated with the UCD SON Admissions process. We think it would be a great chance for you to ask any questions you might have about the program off the record and will hopefully help to ease any anxiety you might have going into visit day. It'll be really casual (no need to dress up) and food/drinks will be available for purchase from the venue (happy hour ends at 6pm for anyone who wants to go a little earlier). If you are interested in joining us the night before your visit day, please send me a message with your name, contact information, and the date of your visit day. We look forward to meeting with all of you and can't wait to share our experiences with you!

Questions? Contact me at ryanfong15@yahoo.com or (916) 801-9202

Hey everyone! First off Congrats to everyone who got selected for the interview! I was wondering if we can meet up earlier in the morning than the scheduled time for our interview to maybe get to know each other...get a bit more comfortable with each other before we go and give the interview?...I am scheduled for interview on 10/9...so if anyone else is scheduled for that date and is staying at Courtyard by Marriot please let me know! I am going to be staying there...and would love to meet up a little bit earlier before the interview time to just relax and talk...because I'm pretty sure all of us have some anxiety inside of us...and can relate! Thanks and wish you all the best of luck :D

Hey all,

I have my interview for 10/15 and will be getting in from DC the night before. If anyone wants to get together the night before or after interviews or both, I'll be down.

--Phil

Hi Phil, I also have an interview 10/15! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else! I would be interested in getting together, not sure which night though.

I'll be at the Monday, Oct. 12 interview. Excited but nervous. Hoping there's another mixer for us potential students on Sunday too. Otherwise, I'd love to meet up with some of you that'll be in town on Sunday.

I am scheduled for 10/12 too! They are planning on having a mixer Sunday evening and Ryan, a current student, will be sending us updated info on it!  I am very excited, but definitely getting some butterflies! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

For those of you interviewing tomorrow 10/9, see you all tonight (10/8) at Coin-Op at 6:30pm for the mixer. Details for Sunday's mixer are below =]

Hey everyone! For those of you I haven't met yet, my name is Ryan and I'm one of the first year PA students at UC Davis. Our class would like to welcome you all to Sacramento for visit days and look forward to meeting you all in the coming weeks! For those of you coming to visit day on October 12, the details for the pre-visit day mixer on the night of October 11 (Sunday) are posted below =] Details for all other visit days will be posted the week prior. Please message me if you have any questions. Good luck!

What: Pre-Visit Day Mixer with Current Students (optional)

When: Sunday, October 11 (night before visit day) at 6:30pm

Where: Broderick Midtown (1820 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95811)

Why: Our cohort would like to invite all candidates to an informal dinner mixer (dutch) with current students the night before each visit day. This is completely optional and is in no way associated with the UCD SON Admissions process. We think it would be a great chance for you to ask any questions you might have about the program off the record and will hopefully help to ease any anxiety you might have going into visit day. It'll be really casual (no need to dress up) and food/drinks will be available for purchase from the venue. If you are interested in joining us the night before your visit day, please send me a message with your name, contact information, and the date of your visit day. We look forward to meeting with all of you and can't wait to share our experiences with you!

Questions? Contact me at ryanfong15@yahoo.com or (916) 801-9202

How were your interviews?! I'm sure you guys did well :) Just give yourselves pat on the back for getting through the interview :))

If you guys don't mind, can I ask you what kind of questions were asked? and how the format of the interview was? How many ppl were there on your session of the interview?

I have mine on the 15th! Excited and nervous at the same time.

Thanks! 

Wow, what an interesting day! I'd love to hear from other people who interviewed today with me. (*I won't say anything on this forum to compromise the integrity of the interview.)

I just wanna hear what other ppl "feel". Tbh, I feel confused and a little mad. I can't even articulate why I feel this way. I don't feel like I was able to shine?

I will say A+ to the facilities, staff, and organization.

Cheers!

Archived