2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does state at the bottom of the email "You may additionally be asked to attend an in-person visit with the School of Nursing."

However, the program I was accepted into starts in January and the attached document states that acceptances will be announced in March, so I won't be pursuing this program. Although staying close to Reno sure would've been nice :) Best of luck to everyone!! 

Does anyone have any insight on how the application process went last year?

I'm confused because at my interview day they said that from those interviewing they will select applicants to complete the secondary. I guess I was under the impression that receiving the secondary means they've narrowed it down, however it sounds like that's not the case...

If anyone hears anything, please check-in here! I am equally confused.  I was also not invited to the visit day/interview, but I received an invitation to submit the UC Davis Graduate Studies application.  I have emailed them to inquire.  

I have read that the application process may require and interview.

I have also read in the most recent email, that we may be asked to come in for an in-person visit.

I know what "may" means, but I just want to hear from them if we can be accepted without an interview.  I hope to conceptualize UCD admission process.

Are the people that did not get invited for visit day, fighting for one of the few remaining spots to interview?

Or

Do the people that did not get invited for a visit day have an equal shot of acceptance as those invited for visit day?

I've heard from MDs and PAs that some schools send out secondary apps just to get more money... Especially if they require an interview for the admission process, I can see why people would be confused if they got a supplemental and didn't go to the interview. Either way, perhaps there are a few seats left. If you don't do the supplemental then you won't get in for sure, but if you do it then you can get peace of mind

I received the graduate studies application as well but did not interview. I just called the administration office but she was not able to give me a clear answer as to why the applications were sent or clarify if their application process has changed. She just said that I should fill it out anyhow. If anyone has emailed the school, please share their response! I don't want to spend more money if there is a slim chance left....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived