2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received a phone call today from Wendy asking if I would like to interview next wednesday (5 days from now) because I am 
"local"... I live in Maryland so it is still a 6 hour drive but still not complaining!! Who else has a 10/14 interview? See you there!!

I just received a phone call today from Wendy asking if I would like to interview next wednesday (5 days from now) because I am

"local"... I live in Maryland so it is still a 6 hour drive but still not complaining!! Who else has a 10/13 interview? See you there!!

Congrats! What was your timeline? When did you receive the infamous review email?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me either. :( Wendy replied and said apps are reviewed in the order they are received, but I see others on the forum who submitted after me have already received that email. 

I'm not sure that is accurate. I submitted my application back in June and people who submitted theirs in July and August were definitely reviewed before mine. 

"local"... I live in Maryland so it is still a 6 hour drive but still not complaining!! Who else has a 10/13 interview? See you there!!

I will be there next Wednesday, which I believe is the 14th. Just wanna make sure you don't show up on the wrong day! Cheers

I'm not sure that is accurate. I submitted my application back in June and people who submitted theirs in July and August were definitely reviewed before mine.

I think you're right. I just received an interview invite and I wasn't reviewed until mid September even though I submitted in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, I submitted my supplemental in late July, and my application got forwarded on September 12th. cGPA:3.3/sGPA:3.4/GRE:317/~4000 hrs HCE as a medic in the Army. I got As on all the prereqs which helped too.

Thanks and congrats! We have similar scores and experience. My fingers are still crossed! Good luck on your interview!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will be there next Wednesday, which I believe is the 14th. Just wanna make sure you don't show up on the wrong day! Cheers

Oops you're right, it is the 14th... sorry I found out last-minute about the interview so I confused the dates with when I am traveling down there vs. when I'm interviewing! See you on the 14th!

Hey all,

For those interviewing, where are you staying? Also how do you plan to get to campus? Im thinking about the Duke Tower and then just walking to campus which should a be 15-20 min walk. Also I'll probably fly in at 11:30PM the night before my interview. Would it be simple to get a cab or something to Duke Tower? Do my travel plans seem ok? Thanks!

Archived