HOD VOTE ON TITLE CHANGE

The voting meeting on title change is underway. The Speaker was sure to say the refcom does not choose the outcome; it is a majority vote. If we are to change the title we will do it today. 

There is still debate going on just prior to the voting. 

I am unsure who is watching other than me and the delegates. 

• Upvote 1

I am in and out depending on my schedule

So far 3 or 4 people's testimony has accounted for the majority of people testifying.

John Trimbath, Gail Curtis primarily. Robert Smith who hasn't really added much. Jon Sobel gets in with some good comments.

The vote will be today but my eye is twitching so hard I'm not sure I'll make it through all the long slow painful processes.

still working on amendments and suggested amendments to the title change proposal. The amendments have to all be considered and discussed and voted on before we get to the vote on title change.

We haven't gotten to a point where those in favor of MCP get to say so. They are working amendments to a physician associate proposal.

Amendment put forth by Sobel for change to Medical Care Practitioner. 

Will discuss and then vote. 

Some of the same old heads still trying to find round-about ways of not going with MCP. ie cost/title protection/downstream bylaws/etc. 

Edited by deltawave
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

I think they just wanted to get on with it. The on-line votes were fast; I can only imagine how long it would take to ask 250+ people, get them in turn to unmute, etc. In any event, the motion passed in a true landslide.

I would like to know how my delegates voted as I believe those who voted against MCP possibly, and certainly those who voted against any change, abandoned their fiduciary responsibilities.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The vote has been made and people are still going on about cost and legalities. Jeeze. 

Start marketing and making the change. Get the legislators on the horn in every state and let them know to start amending the legislation. Lets go, already. 

In 10 years we will be doing this again to go with MCP. What an epic waste of time, but I am still glad to be rid of the term assistant. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, deltawave said:

The vote has been made and people are still going on about cost and legalities. Jeeze. 

Start marketing and making the change. Get the legislators on the horn in every state and let them know to start amending the legislation. Lets go, already. 

In 10 years we will be doing this again to go with MCP. What an epic waste of time, but I am still glad to be rid of the term assistant. 

I’m not sure I’ll be around for the second vote. Did you see we amended the oath to add another line “we will respect our collegial relationship with physicians and other members of the healthcare team.” Why did this have to be added at all? Why are physicians put separate from the rest of the team? Why do we keep having to refer to our need for physician to operate our own profession?

• Upvote 3

Unless I am wrong, and I think I am correct, regardless of the HOD vote, it will still remain the vote of the AAPA BOD to make this a reality. All of the other arguments have been made over the past twenty five years and are, in my opinion, invalid. And to add to others, who gives a damn what the physicians of AMA think? We need to stand up as a profession like most of the girlie NPs who accomplished their goals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, surgblumm said:

Unless I am wrong, and I think I am correct, regardless of the HOD vote, it will still remain the vote of the AAPA BOD to make this a reality. All of the other arguments have been made over the past twenty five years and are, in my opinion, invalid. And to add to others, who gives a damn what the physicians of AMA think? We need to stand up as a profession like most of the girlie NPs who accomplished their goals.

I believe the board must enact the will of the HOD.

• Upvote 1