UNTHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, lwtick said:

Question for those who received the random confirmation email today - had you received an interview invite yet or was everyone that received that email today still patiently waiting to hear something from UNTHSC?

I submitted my application at the end of May, paid in June, and have not heard anything since then. Just curious 

I have not yet received an interview invite. 

23 minutes ago, lwtick said:

Question for those who received the random confirmation email today - had you received an interview invite yet or was everyone that received that email today still patiently waiting to hear something from UNTHSC?

I submitted my application at the end of May, paid in June, and have not heard anything since then. Just curious 

I was verified in June and just received that email today. No interview invite yet. I was still just waiting to hear back.

58 minutes ago, pachasing said:

I just got an email confirming that they're continuing to work on my application. I applied a bit late (beginning of August), was verified within 24 hours, and paid the supplement fee that same week. Is this the same "under review" email you all are getting?

I got this exact same email!! I applied in early July though

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lwtick said:

I submitted in 7/7/21, received the portal setup 7/14/21, and just received the same email with no interview yet.. still waiting

I received the similar email stated above. I wonder if our applications were hung up in their system somehow due to the technical issues via the portal a couple of months ago. It seems like those who received that email this morning had not received an interview invite yet. I hope this technical matter does not decrease our chances for interview invite / acceptance. I also submitted / verified end of May with the confirmation email a couple weeks later, then had not heard anything until this morning. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, kmarshburn said:

I received the similar email stated above. I wonder if our applications were hung up in their system somehow due to the technical issues via the portal a couple of months ago. It seems like those who received that email this morning had not received an interview invite yet. I hope this technical matter does not decrease our chances for interview invite / acceptance. I also submitted / verified end of May with the confirmation email a couple weeks later, then had not heard anything until this morning. 

Yes! I was thinking something similar. It’s seems to be random, not related to submission date, however we all have NOT had an interview invite. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

45 minutes ago, kmarshburn said:

Has anyone called or emailed them about this email to verify if it was a mistake with their system or if they’re just now looking at our applications? 

I guess I am going to share my timeline here for this week,

10/5: Received an email stating that my application was no longer under consideration as I was missing one or more required items and the deadline has already passed. Curious and deeply knowing that could not be true, I asked them which one(s) was(were) it(they)as all the pre-reqs were met and everything was submitted/sent/provided including the CASper test. Keep in mind, i took mine during the beginning of May and app was submitted/Verified around May 20th/May 26th. Then i started thinking that might have been the reason I never heard back or received any interview invite from this program. I was just like "not a big deal at least I have an acceptance elsewhere in TX"

Few hours later, I get an update email stating they actually do have all my stuff and my application is "under active review". They ended up apologizing for the error and distress that the earlier email might have caused.

10/8: Like everyone else, i received the email stating my app is still under consideration and all applications are being reviewed diligently. 

As @kmarshburn hypothesizes above, our apps might have been stuck in their portal system (thinking that we never met the reqs or were missing one or more items[my case is a good example]) as they had had issues with it before, one of them being the Checklist Issues email back in June. Or maybe holistically speaking, our apps are not as competitive as compared to the ones that have been interviewed already. Who knows? I personally believe it is the former in my case but you're more than welcome to disagree. Either way, wishing you all the best especially if UNTHSC is your #1 program and/or you have been struggling getting interviews elsewhere. We will all end up being great, professional, and compassionate healthcare providers. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, amazingIam242 said:

I guess I am going to share my timeline here for this week,

10/5: Received an email stating that my application was no longer under consideration as I was missing one or more required items and the deadline has already passed. Curious and deeply knowing that could not be true, I asked them which one(s) was(were) it(they)as all the pre-reqs were met and everything was submitted/sent/provided including the CASper test. Keep in mind, i took mine during the beginning of May and app was submitted/Verified around May 20th/May 26th. Then i started thinking that might have been the reason I never heard back or received any interview invite from this program. I was just like "not a big deal at least I have an acceptance elsewhere in TX"

Few hours later, I get an update email stating they actually do have all my stuff and my application is "under active review". They ended up apologizing for the error and distress that the earlier email might have caused.

10/8: Like everyone else, i received the email stating my app is still under consideration and all applications are being reviewed diligently. 

As @kmarshburn hypothesizes above, our apps might have been stuck in their portal system (thinking that we never met the reqs or were missing one or more items[my case is a good example]) as they had had issues with it before, one of them being the Checklist Issues email back in June. Or maybe holistically speaking, our apps are not as competitive as compared to the ones that have been interviewed already. Who knows? I personally believe it is the former in my case but you're more than welcome to disagree. Either way, wishing you all the best especially if UNTHSC is your #1 program and/or you have been struggling getting interviews elsewhere. We will all end up being great, professional, and compassionate healthcare providers. 

I got the under review email today too, but I also emailed them a couple weeks ago too to ask them if they got everything ( I'm an anxious person). They emailed me back stating they got everything and my application was verified and is in the review process. 

Edited by K3life

22 hours ago, ECthePA said:

Has anyone called or emailed them about this email to verify if it was a mistake with their system or if they’re just now looking at our applications? 

No, I was so anxious about the application process in the beginning I called them a few times asking about the technical issues they were having and if it had been resolved. But then I felt like I was bothering them, so I stopped calling and just felt like I'll hear something when I hear something. 

Is the process for UNT this year much slower than last year? I feel like the emails are getting late. I had a friend who only got an interview for their final round in late November (for last years class) but based on how this year is going…..how late will they continue to go? 

Edited by NTpa17