UNTHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, K3life said:

Unless they haven't filled up all their seats, there isn't gonna be a January interview. 

😞 so sad. What’s the point of having rolling admissions if they won’t even look at your app? Applied 05/28, Verified 06/02 and this is considered early. As a TX applicant this is heartbreaking:( I’ve been accepted elsewhere but this is the only school so close to family. Heard they still have a few interview spots for 12/10. Has anyone received one this week? Or does anyone know how many spots are left for 12/10? 
Good luck y’all!!

7 minutes ago, thebecomingPA said:

😞 so sad. What’s the point of having rolling admissions if they won’t even look at your app? Applied 05/28, Verified 06/02 and this is considered early. As a TX applicant this is heartbreaking:( I’ve been accepted elsewhere but this is the only school so close to family. Heard they still have a few interview spots for 12/10. Has anyone received one this week? Or does anyone know how many spots are left for 12/10? 
Good luck y’all!!

Yes very heartbreaking. I am a Texas resident also and I haven’t heard anything. I haven’t even gotten an interview invite so I am at a dead end with no acceptance yet. I applied late June and thought that was early too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Yes very heartbreaking. I am a Texas resident also and I haven’t heard anything. I haven’t even gotten an interview invite so I am at a dead end with no acceptance yet. I applied late June and thought that was early too. 

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. I applied May 29th and I'm a Texas resident. I've gotten 3 interviews and one acceptance (haven't gone to other 2 interviews yet). UNTHSC is my top choice but radio silence from them over here

2 minutes ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Sorry to hear @FUTUREPAAA2022 There’s still time don’t give up!! We will end up where we are meant to be:)

4 minutes ago, mikaelawhite said:

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. I applied May 29th and I'm a Texas resident. I've gotten 3 interviews and one acceptance (haven't gone to other 2 interviews yet). UNTHSC is my top choice but radio silence from them over here

@mikaelawhiteNot sure what happened with their system. In October people who had applied and received confirmations received those same confirmations and others did not. Some people who interviewed prior didn’t get a confirmation whole others did. So Maybe just maybe this is what happened. I’ve received 4 interviews (1 acceptance, 1 waitlist, 1 ghosted, still waiting on the other) w/ 6 rejections (mostly out of state schools), still waiting:) Let’s hang in there!! It’s not over:)

Edited by thebecomingPA

11 minutes ago, mikaelawhite said:

Dang verified in May. They really must have reviewed that by now. Well at least you have 1 acceptance…all it takes is 1 to be a PA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikaelawhite said:

You'd think! Wishfully thinking they're keeping my app on the backburner and haven't totally tossed it out yet😂 I guess I'll find out by dec 31st!

LOL the last time I emailed them they told me they were still reviewing my app and still are. At this point I think they’ve already made up their mind. Sadly I don’t want to get my hopes up so prepping to attend the school I was accepted at:) Good luck y’all!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebecomingPA said:

Good luck y’all!!

I think there's 42 spots in total according to someone in this forum and then someone said last Wednesday night that 28 spots was filled 

10 hours ago, thebecomingPA said:

LOL the last time I emailed them they told me they were still reviewing my app and still are. At this point I think they’ve already made up their mind. Sadly I don’t want to get my hopes up so prepping to attend the school I was accepted at:) Good luck y’all!! 

I emailed them yesterday for an update for the first time and they said the same for me too. if anything we have another month to find out their final decision. im wondering if they've sent rejections to anyone yet or are they waiting until the end of dec.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm convinced that the system error the school experienced at the beginning of the cycle contributed to some of us hearing nothing. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I finally decided to reach out to the school regarding my application and they told me my application was received 10/8 when it was actually submitted 5/26, verified 5/28, and I paid the additional application fee the same day the school sent out the link (sometime mid-June). Idk, it seems really weird to me. This has already been posted but I'll just include it again, UNTHSC will send an email when they are no longer considering submitted applications (31 December). I will be reaching out to the school for specific feedback on my application when the cycle ends to learn about improvements I can make for future cycles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lwtick said:

Honestly, I'm convinced that the system error the school experienced at the beginning of the cycle contributed to some of us hearing nothing. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I finally decided to reach out to the school regarding my application and they told me my application was received 10/8 when it was actually submitted 5/26, verified 5/28, and I paid the additional application fee the same day the school sent out the link (sometime mid-June). Idk, it seems really weird to me. This has already been posted but I'll just include it again, UNTHSC will send an email when they are no longer considering submitted applications (31 December). I will be reaching out to the school for specific feedback on my application when the cycle ends to learn about improvements I can make for future cycles. 

I kinda agree with you on that. In the portal, my application date says 6/04. I'm also a TX resident. I have heard nothing since besides the email update they sent everyone. I'd like to think I'm a competitive applicant with my current stats. Maybe they didn't like my answers to the additional questions required. Who knows. But I too would like to get some specific feedback to see what I can improve if I end up receiving a rejection. Good luck to us all!

@mikaelawhite @ECthePA 

I had updated my volunteer hours on my CASPA application last week so I just sent a short, personal email letting them know and in a round about way asked for an update. A few things:

1. The email response I got was relatively generic. Things like thank you for submitting, we have no updates on the status of your application, etc. Maybe I didn't understand why they said my application was received 10/8? Maybe it was a typo? Maybe it is a generic catch all date for the closing of their application window? No clue.  

2. I have no intensions of sending screen shots of dates in CASPA and contacting the school to make sure my application was reviewed in the correct order. Like I said I really have no idea when they got my application...what if they did receive and review it in order it was submitted and just decided not to interview me (oof, lol).

Also, what would that solve?? (Don't come for me, haha, I just personally am not sure that would get me anywhere different then where I am at today. To be clear, this was the only school I applied to so that is not coming from a place of 'oh well I've been accepted somewhere else so, screw it.') 

3. I just shared that thought because I know we are approaching the last (known) interview date and those of us who have not heard from the school are wondering if this is the end. It was more of a jeez whiz, hypothetical theory I had that I thought others might have had too. I'd like to think I am a competitive applicant so to hear absolutely nothing was unexpected. I did not mean to cause panic or worry.  

@Goldhashbrown Haha, I feel you!!

Good luck!

Edited by lwtick
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, lwtick said:

@mikaelawhite @ECthePA 

I had updated my volunteer hours on my CASPA application last week so I just sent a short, personal email letting them know and in a round about way asked for an update. A few things:

1. The email response I got was relatively generic. Things like thank you for submitting, we have no updates on the status of your application, etc. Maybe I didn't understand why they said my application was received 10/8? Maybe it was a typo? Maybe it is a generic catch all date for the closing of their application window? No clue.  

2. I have no intensions of sending screen shots of dates in CASPA and contacting the school to make sure my application was reviewed in the correct order. Like I said I really have no idea when they got my application...what if they did receive and review it in order it was submitted and just decided not to interview me (oof, lol).

Also, what would that solve?? (Don't come for me, haha, I just personally am not sure that would get me anywhere different then where I am at today. To be clear, this was the only school I applied to so that is not coming from a place of 'oh well I've been accepted somewhere else so, screw it.') 

3. I just shared that thought because I know we are approaching the last (known) interview date and those of us who have not heard from the school are wondering if this is the end. It was more of a jeez whiz, hypothetical theory I had that I thought others might have had too. I'd like to think I am a competitive applicant so to hear absolutely nothing was unexpected. I did not mean to cause panic or worry.  

@Goldhashbrown Haha, I feel you!!

Good luck!

Thanks for your insight! I totally agree. I moreso am curious if my app was pushed to the side due to an error or if it was really my application itself. I agree that it wouldn't get me anywhere other than I am right now. I'm due to update my PCE so I might send them an update email for the fun of it too and see if they say anything. Thanks for your help and good luck!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikaelawhite said:

Thanks for your insight! I totally agree. I moreso am curious if my app was pushed to the side due to an error or if it was really my application itself. I agree that it wouldn't get me anywhere other than I am right now. I'm due to update my PCE so I might send them an update email for the fun of it too and see if they say anything. Thanks for your help and good luck!!

I feel the same way. I’m more curious as to if a software error made it seem like my application arrived later, which made them look at it later, or if there was just something that they didn’t like about it. Who knows! Best of luck to you all! 

Side note: A friend from undergrad is currently a student at UNTHSC and she said she had to reapply so don’t get discouraged!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECthePA said:

I feel the same way. I’m more curious as to if a software error made it seem like my application arrived later, which made them look at it later, or if there was just something that they didn’t like about it. Who knows! Best of luck to you all! 

Side note: A friend from undergrad is currently a student at UNTHSC and she said she had to reapply so don’t get discouraged!! 

Yes, exactly! I'm definitely curious, sad we will never know. 😅

57 minutes ago, mgarrison said:

I was also one of those who received that email on October 8th. UNT was one of my top choices and I will be so extremely sad if I was disqualified due to a system error. I submitted and was verified mid-June. I just emailed the admissions team to inquire about my application!

Hopefully they have some good news for you! This was my first year applying and it has been a rollercoaster of an experience.