UNTHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, mgarrison said:

If you don't mind me asking, is the other school you are interviewing at in a few weeks a Texas PA program? My CASPA was verified on 6/21 and I have not received any interview invites. I have been keeping up with all of the forums for the Texas programs on here.. just wanting to know which school I can cross off of my list 🥲 I have been trying to not get discouraged, but have found it to be very difficult 🥲

The one I referred in my post is an out-of-state program, so you're good. So far I have received 2 interviews for Texas programs( 1 completed in July and the other scheduled next week). I need to mention that both are rolling admission programs. So, it is way too early to get discouraged, remember it only takes one shot to receive that Acceptance call.

3 hours ago, JoannHegbe said:

Congrats to everyone that got an interview 😭 so happy for you all!

This school is rlly high on my list so fingers crossed I get an interview eventually haha. 

Two questions:

1. Is there a preference for TX students? (i’m OOS)

2. Are interviews in-person or online?

1. No according to their website

2. Virtual. Someone said it here

I'm curious if anyone has had any insight that could help me...

I don't get my CASPer scores back until September and my application will be on hold until then. Anyone have opinions on if that will be too late to apply? I'll meet their deadlines, but I know I'm late in the application cycle. I've tried speaking to their admissions department but haven't gotten a straight answer.

22 hours ago, tinasprinkles said:

I'm curious if anyone has had any insight that could help me...

I don't get my CASPer scores back until September and my application will be on hold until then. Anyone have opinions on if that will be too late to apply? I'll meet their deadlines, but I know I'm late in the application cycle. I've tried speaking to their admissions department but haven't gotten a straight answer.

The super positive side of me wants to say ITS NEVER TOO LATE! If you meet the deadline, then submit! But if you are in a position of trying to narrow down submissions due to costs, I understand the hesitancy. I've been reading over everyone's comments trying to get a sense of what will come next for those who did not get an interview invite (me)...it sounds like some applicants that applied to a different school said that school only sent out one wave of invites so if you didn't get it that's it. I know last year UNTHSC sent out multiple waves of invites, so fingers crossed they send out some more invites. No matter what I think you have to be happy and confident with your decision and that is what really matters! I know there are a lot of us who are still really hoping for interviews. Good luck!  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lwtick said:

The super positive side of me wants to say ITS NEVER TOO LATE! If you meet the deadline, then submit! But if you are in a position of trying to narrow down submissions due to costs, I understand the hesitancy. I've been reading over everyone's comments trying to get a sense of what will come next for those who did not get an interview invite (me)...it sounds like some applicants that applied to a different school said that school only sent out one wave of invites so if you didn't get it that's it. I know last year UNTHSC sent out multiple waves of invites, so fingers crossed they send out some more invites. No matter what I think you have to be happy and confident with your decision and that is what really matters! I know there are a lot of us who are still really hoping for interviews. Good luck!  

What a sweet response. Thank you, I appreciate it! Good luck!

On 8/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, browens3pa said:

It appears those that got interview invites for the first interview dates applied before July 1st. That matches up with what the email said atleast. Anyone that applied after July 1st get an invite? Also anyone that did get an invite what were your available interview dates?

I applied in the first week of July, so slightly after their deadline and got an interview invite on 8/23. When I looked at the link it showed all three dates, but there was still availability for me to be able to get a spot in the first day.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if the people who got interviews received any type of email after setting up their portal. My portal says “complete” which has been like that since 6/28 but I never received an email from the program saying that I’m under review afterwards. Is there anything else I need to do? TIA!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ma0307 said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if the people who got interviews received any type of email after setting up their portal. My portal says “complete” which has been like that since 6/28 but I never received an email from the program saying that I’m under review afterwards. Is there anything else I need to do? TIA!!

Hey- Same, I payed for the supplemental and received an automated confirmation that I payed and then my application has says complete since 6/25, but I haven't received an actual confirmation from the school saying that they've received my app/under consideration? For those that got interviews can you confirm this?

12 hours ago, ChristineLF said:

Hey- Same, I payed for the supplemental and received an automated confirmation that I payed and then my application has says complete since 6/25, but I haven't received an actual confirmation from the school saying that they've received my app/under consideration? For those that got interviews can you confirm this?

Yeah I didn’t get an under review email either, just the interview invite. When I went back and checked my portal there was no status change there either. It just says completed.

11 hours ago, Adara said:

Yeah I didn’t get an under review email either, just the interview invite. When I went back and checked my portal there was no status change there either. It just says completed.

Thank you for letting me know!! I also realized that under my profile on the portal it has a unt email address as my “preferred” email (my normal one is listed too but not as preferred) and I was wondering if I missed anything since because of that. Does yours have a unt address saved as preferred as well?

Could someone confirm the following?

Two waves of interview invites have gone out from UNTHSC. 

1st - 16 August

2nd - 23 August 

(I only saw one post where someone said they got an invite on the 23rd) 

ALSO - on a different note... there is an information session tomorrow (8/31) at noon about PA admissions, I'll be in class but if anyone out there is going can you please ask about their process of sending out interview invites AKA can I still keep hoping for one? (haha) And then obviously reply here and give us all the details. If not I can send an email I just don't want to bombard the admissions team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mikaelawhite said:

I didn’t get an invite for the info session but I applied and want to attend… anyone know how to get the zoom link?

Mine was in my spam folder so check there but here's the link to register.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://t.e2ma.net/click/qanjtg/ygt62dd/mvo3g5__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OhHI4ln6MqizJWnxtrk1nzR8tHHiZiqxwzgLYgMgIqkE86obC9wj_dH4QXRehYUw$