2021 - 2022 Cycle

7 hours ago, Matilda said:

Now it’s time for the waiting game to begin to hear back from the interview day! 6/21. Anyone know when typically we will hear back? 

Good luck with everything now that you’re done with the interview! How was the interview process if you don’t mind me asking??

On 6/19/2021 at 11:16 PM, jh117 said:

Submitted my app May 7th 2021, verified May 10th and drexel confirmed they received my app the same day, June 2nd they sent me an interview invite for June 21st! Good luck to everyone in every stage of the process!

That's awesome!! can you go into detail about the interview?? the structure and mostly the questions they asked?

Hi, 

Someone asked if it is weird not to get anything after submitting your app. I'm not sure, but it came from an odd automated email. Here's what I received from donotreply@webadmit.org on 5/26/2021. My application was verified on 5/11/2021. 

The Drexel University Physician Assistant Program has received your CAPSA application.  We thank you for your interest in our program and look forward to working with you throughout the admissions process.  Please review our highlighted policies below and take action within 48 hours if necessary.

• We require that the overall total GPA and overall science GPA, as calculated by CASPA at time of application, be 3.0 or higher in order for your application to be processed.  Please log in to your CASPA account and verify that your GPAs meet these minimum requirements.  If one or both of your GPAs is below 3.0, you should expect to receive a denial letter as your application cannot be processed.
  • Applicants must complete their bachelor's degree by the Spring 2022 term, or June 30, 2022.
  • We require a minimum of 500 hours of direct patient contact experience accrued and recorded on your CASPA application.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this application cycle we are extending the deadline to December 15, 2021 for accrual of the minimum 500 hours.
  • We require the following nine (9) prerequisite courses to be completed by the end of the Fall 2021 term (12/31/21 at the latest) with a grade of  B- or higher: 

General Biology I and II with labs, HUMAN Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs, Chemistry with lab, Microbiology, Genetics, Medical Terminology, and a Psychology course that can be either Introduction, General, Abnormal or Developmental.   

If any of your current courses are less than a B-, you need to have listed on the CASPA application your plan to repeat the course(s) within the appropriate time frame, or your application will not be processed.

All prerequisite coursework must be listed on your CASPA application, whether it is completed, in progress, or planned for a future term.  Please note that a maximum of two prerequisite courses may be planned for the Fall 2021 term.  If you need to amend your application to include coursework you have not listed, you may do so by utilizing CASPA's Academic Update feature to update the planned/in progress coursework section of your CASPA application with the additional information within 48 hours.  If you are not able to satisfy the prerequisite requirements by the end of the Fall 2021 term, we will not be able to process your application.  Please reply to this email to notify us if that is the case.

CASPA help: https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Before_and_After_You_Submit_Your_CASPA_Application/6_Updating_Your_CASPA_Application

• Please note that the CASPA application is the only document utilized in our admissions process.  We cannot accept additional letters of reference or updates to patient contact hours that are mailed, faxed or emailed directly to the program.   The information submitted to CASPA at time of application will be utilized to render a decision on admission to the program.  Please note that you may update grades for coursework that was in progress or planned at time of application via your CASPA account and the Academic Update feature.
  • If English is not your native language and you have not received a bachelor’s degree in the United States, you will need to take the TOEFL and submit the scores to CASPA.  If you have not already done so, please update your application with your planned test date at once.  Scores must be received by CASPA no later than September 1st.  The application will not be reviewed until the TOEFL score is received.
  • Should you need to withdraw your application at any time during the admissions process, you may do so by emailing PAadmissions@drexel.edu.  Please take a moment to notify us if you accept an admissions offer from another school.
  • A member of the admissions team will be in contact with you if we have any questions concerning the content of your application.  Please reply promptly if you are contacted for clarification, as that will expedite the processing of your application. 

If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact:  PAadmissions@drexel.edu

Thank you for your interest in Drexel University.

Hello all!

Just to give a little timeline of what my app process has looked like: I submitted and was verified mid-May. I got confirmation that my app materials about were received 5-7 days later, received an interview invite on 6/14 for 7/16🙂 

Good luck to everyone applying & to those with interviews coming up!!

• Thanks 1

Hi all, here's the info for the Drexel interview. I was just notified. 

Dear ********,

On behalf of the Admissions Committee of the Drexel University Physician Assistant Program, I would like to invite you to an admissions interview on Wednesday, August 4, 2021.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews this admissions cycle will be virtual.  The format worked well last cycle, and we are committed to ensuring that you receive a good sense of the program, faculty, and student life experience at Drexel University.  There will be a Blackboard shell open for you to learn more about the Drexel PA Program at your own pace, a writing sample to be completed the day of the interview, and three Zoom sessions on the day of the interview.  The first will be a welcome/Q & A with a faculty member, followed by a 30 minute interview with a pair of faculty members, and then finally a Q & A session with current students and the other applicants from the virtual interview session.

The schedule for the day is as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

Writing sample, 30 minutes anytime between 8:00 - 11:30 am, completed in Blackboard
Zoom Welcome/Q & A with Program Director, Professor Julie Kinzel, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Zoom interviews scheduled at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 pm (specific time for each applicant to be assigned)
Zoom Q & A session with current students 6:00 - 7:00 pm

Please reply to this email to confirm your availability for this date.  Following confirmation, you will receive more information about the Blackboard shell and zoom sessions closer to the date.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you have already been accepted into another program, please let me know so that I can withdraw your application.

Warm Regards,
Martha Davis