South College - Nashville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, AHill said:

Hi! Best of luck to you! I just submitted my CASPA several days ago and received confirmation back from South College today. 

Best of luck! I just got a confirmation today as well. Did your confirmation email include "Now that your application is complete and verified if you’d like me to take a few minutes to look it over with you I can do that." I was wondering what they meant by that. 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:06 PM, nhilamh said:

Best of luck! I just got a confirmation today as well. Did your confirmation email include "Now that your application is complete and verified if you’d like me to take a few minutes to look it over with you I can do that." I was wondering what they meant by that. 

Yes! This phone call is very relaxed. The admissions coordinator just goes over your application compared to the program’s averages, etc. The phone call didn’t last more than around 10 minutes maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, arr5559 said:

Does every applicant get the confirmation email that says he can go over the application with you? Or do some people get rejected instead of getting this opportunity? 

I’m pretty sure every applicant gets this! I submitted yesterday, received the email that everything was received and that they would go over it with me. I replied to the email last night, and will be speaking with someone on Tuesday. If they can review the applications that fast I think they would be a super human! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arr5559 said:

I had my phone call today! He was super nice and it was very helpful. It was about a 10 minute call and he went over the average stats (GRE, PCE/HCE, GPAs, and shadowing hours). I wish every program did this!

I did too! It is really nice to know where we sat compared to last years average. The only nerve wracking part was when he said we find out if we get accepted or waitlisted on the spot😬

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sdebar said:
I did too! It is really nice to know where we sat compared to last years average. The only nerve wracking part was when he said we find out if we get accepted or waitlisted on the spot[emoji51]

I thought the same thing[emoji23] any clue when they start sending out interview invites?

Edited by arr5559

For those of you that reviewed your application over the phone. Did they ask you any questions or was it more so just informational? 

Just informational! He said he has nothing to do with the admissions decision so he didn’t ask any open ended questions that you should prepare for. It was strictly your stats compared to the average.

It was very laid back, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just had my call with the Nashville campus as well! It was really nice to go over the averages and he noted what areas I am strong in and what areas might need a little work. He mentioned they're shooting for end of August for the first interview and will be having them every 5 weeks (minus December possibly) until April I believe. He also said invites should go out 4 weeks prior. So hopefully we hear back by mid July!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! got the email that my application was received on 5/19! Second time applying but last year I submitted in October and never heard anything past the email that my application was received until 5/10/2020 that they were closing the cycle. Last year my confirmation email did not include the option to review my application but I think it was because I was late to the cycle. This year, I did do the phone call and the person was able to compare my stats to the class profile. Somewhat helpful, was hoping for more insight though. Good confidence booster though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Y’all I’m so upset with my self. In my personal statement I put in “Physician’s Assistant” instead of saying “Physician Assistant”. Do you think the people reviewing my application will think negatively of me? I am so stressed out please give me feedback. I aso mentioned a foreign sentence in my personal statement that was about a line long, and translated it so they would understand. What do you think about that?

22 minutes ago, Intastudying said:

Y’all I’m so upset with my self. In my personal statement I put in “Physician’s Assistant” instead of saying “Physician Assistant”. Do you think the people reviewing my application will think negatively of me? I am so stressed out please give me feedback. I aso mentioned a foreign sentence in my personal statement that was about a line long, and translated it so they would understand. What do you think about that?

I typed my personal statement in word and it accidentally autocorrected to physicians assistant once and I didn’t catch it after I submitted it to caspa. I still have a few interviews for this cycle already. They understand you are not perfect, people makes grammatical mistakes!! I would not worry at all😃

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, Intastudying said:

Omg word corrected mine THREE times. I have couple other times where I caught it and spelled it out right. I didn’t catch the other ones till after 😭

• Like 1