2020-2021 Application Cycle

9 hours ago, tt234 said:

Hi everyone! Current WU PAS-1 here please feel free to reach out if you have any q's, good luck!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out!

If you could go back to the year prior to matriculation, what would you do to prepare for year 1?

Also, do you have any organizational advice to survive year 1?

Does Western have anything in terms of student support for those who are struggling academically?

Thank you for you time,

Lauren

1 minute ago, sabhad said:

Thank you! Looks like the 8th is the only day available, same for you i assume? 

Yepp. I think I'm going to hold off on accepting it for right now and contact them Monday to see if they'll have any other dates. 

From what they told me over the phone a few days ago, interviews will be conducted next week through November. I'm just not sure when other dates will be available to pick from. 

Good luck to us both though!

On 10/1/2020 at 1:07 AM, Pa98173jd said:

Do you have any insight on when they will start interviewing applicants 

Now through early march, im not sure how it will change with COVID this year. Check your portal first, the information usually shows up there before than in your email box 

On 10/1/2020 at 10:35 AM, lgentile said:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out!

If you could go back to the year prior to matriculation, what would you do to prepare for year 1?

Also, do you have any organizational advice to survive year 1?

Does Western have anything in terms of student support for those who are struggling academically?

Thank you for you time,

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Do not do anything before you matriculate, enjoy your time off. You will be doing enough studying while you are in school, it is a whole different ball game!

Do not procrastinate, write down all your deadlines for the week and the month. It is super important to stay super organized and knowing what to prioritize. Study a little bit of each topic each day. You will learn what works for you once you're in a program !   

Yes WesternU has tutors and a learning education office. Although 98 may seem large, you will form a connection with one or more of your professors, who will help you with anything. 

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1