2020-2021 Application Cycle

I was sent an email for a interview offer on 12/7, but there was nothing on my portal to register for an interview so i emailed them.  They got back to me saying the email for an interview was sent as a clerical error and that I my application was still being reviewed.  Obviously I was pretty upset and bummed.  Hadn't heard anything more from them since 12/7 until this morning when I got an email saying I hadn't registered for my interview yet.  Now the only date that is left is March 3rd, is that late?  From what i've read on this thread they're usually done with interviews in feb? Is it another "clerical error"?  A little concerned because I feel like communication shouldn't be this all over the place for a professional education program.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Halicorinne said:

I was sent an email for a interview offer on 12/7, but there was nothing on my portal to register for an interview so i emailed them.  They got back to me saying the email for an interview was sent as a clerical error and that I my application was still being reviewed.  Obviously I was pretty upset and bummed.  Hadn't heard anything more from them since 12/7 until this morning when I got an email saying I hadn't registered for my interview yet.  Now the only date that is left is March 3rd, is that late?  From what i've read on this thread they're usually done with interviews in feb? Is it another "clerical error"?  A little concerned because I feel like communication shouldn't be this all over the place for a professional education program.

I try not to compare to past cycles in regards to interview dates because COVID has really pushed things back this cycle. I am so terribly sorry you had that experience! That would be heartbreaking to think you received an interview. I hope that despite this clerical error you will hear soon in regards to an interview!!! Good luck!

1 hour ago, Halicorinne said:

I had the same experience of everything you just said. Same exact dates too (initial email on the 7th and another “reminder”email today). My app went into review on December 17. When did your app go into review? Also have you emailed them since? This is all very frustrating. I’m sorry you’re going through this too. 

3 hours ago, Halicorinne said:

I’m sorry that this happened to you. Similar to you, my friend received an interview invite but it was a “clerical error”. So they basically got his hopes up unfortunately. 

As for interview dates, last cycle a friend my mine also had an interview the first week of March. The best thing you could do at this point though is to contact them directly. 

5 hours ago, Halicorinne said:

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know we all make mistakes, but it seems like they told you the interview invite was an error, but now they are saying you haven't scheduled your interview. That's annoying.

When I first started applying to PA school, Western was my dream school. Born and raised in Pomona, I want to serve and make a difference in my own community. But stuff like this pushes me away. I have also had other applicants tell me about their negative experiences during the interview itself. It's pretty disappointing honestly. But I now know that I can attend another program and still possibly do clinicals in my community. I have had many positive interview experiences with other programs. They have communicated how competitive I am as an applicant and believe I can be successful in their programs. Those are my top choice programs now. 🙂 

I hope you are able to figure this mess out. Regardless, Western is a good program and will set you up for success.

If not, I hope you get interviews and acceptances elsewhere! Good luck! ☺️

20 hours ago, biopsyd said:

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know we all make mistakes, but it seems like they told you the interview invite was an error, but now they are saying you haven't scheduled your interview. That's annoying.

When I first started applying to PA school, Western was my dream school. Born and raised in Pomona, I want to serve and make a difference in my own community. But stuff like this pushes me away. I have also had other applicants tell me about their negative experiences during the interview itself. It's pretty disappointing honestly. But I now know that I can attend another program and still possibly do clinicals in my community. I have had many positive interview experiences with other programs. They have communicated how competitive I am as an applicant and believe I can be successful in their programs. Those are my top choice programs now. 🙂 

I hope you are able to figure this mess out. Regardless, Western is a good program and will set you up for success.

If not, I hope you get interviews and acceptances elsewhere! Good luck! ☺️

Thank you! I fortunately just found out I got into another school, but western was one of my top schools when I originally applied.  I am going to interview assuming its not another "clerical error" (which would be awful!) and still give it my best, the unclear communication does make me a bit nervous long term though.  I have a friend who goes to western and she is in her clinicals right now and when I told her what happened she told me they haven't been the best with communication throughout her process so that concerns me.  It is a much more affordable program than this other school I got into, but communication is a big component of success and while it is definitely more affordable its still a lot of money! It gives me hesitation especially when I have worked so hard to get to this point.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, soeli said:

I had the same experience of everything you just said. Same exact dates too (initial email on the 7th and another “reminder”email today). My app went into review on December 17. When did your app go into review? Also have you emailed them since? This is all very frustrating. I’m sorry you’re going through this too. 

My app went into review on 12/17 also!  I signed up for an interview, but I also emailed them to clarify the situation.  They are on break for 2 weeks so I guess Ill have to wait to see what they say.  I feel you on the frustration part, sorry you're going through it too.  It is oddly comforting that I'm not alone in this, but we've all worked so hard to get to this point of the process that  I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

6 hours ago, Halicorinne said:

Thank you! I fortunately just found out I got into another school, but western was one of my top schools when I originally applied.  I am going to interview assuming its not another "clerical error" (which would be awful!) and still give it my best, the unclear communication does make me a bit nervous long term though.  I have a friend who goes to western and she is in her clinicals right now and when I told her what happened she told me they haven't been the best with communication throughout her process so that concerns me.  It is a much more affordable program than this other school I got into, but communication is a big component of success and while it is definitely more affordable its still a lot of money! It gives me hesitation especially when I have worked so hard to get to this point.

Congrats!!  That’s great news! 
I see. It sounds like communication may be an issue with the program. 

Good luck with the interview! Definitely let us know how your experience goes. Such a great feeling going into an interview with options. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, CJPAgurl said:

Hi everyone, 

for those who have received the most recent interview invites...do you mind sharing your stats so I can get a general idea of where they are as far as GPA? 

thanks so much and congrats to those who got an invite!

My overall: ~3.56

Science: ~3.6

1 hour ago, PrePA2020to21 said:

Does anyone have the link to their academic calendar? I want to know when the program starts. I can't find it anywhere.

I was waitlisted last cycle and they told me I can be notified of acceptance any time from my interview to august (the first week of school). So they start in early august I believe. 

50 minutes ago, Nlimo said:

Do they rank on general gpa or last 60 credits gpa?

No. Not last 60. 
They look at 3 different GPAs. Overall, science, and prereq GPAs. 
The lowest GPA you have out of those 3 is where your application goes, so your lowest GPA is where your application gets ranked. 

31 minutes ago, Malaynan said:

Yes I just signed in and clicked the 2021 application, then it went to status page and had an option to upload supplemental material. This is what my page looks like for reference 🙂 

13F0F533-AC66-41C6-95E7-06D0810B39B1.jpeg

Perfect! I wasn't sure if I was suppose to upload it to a specific place but I know where this is. Thank you so much!!