2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hey everyone! I submitted my verified CASPA about 3 weeks ago but I'm confused on a certain thing. Last year, there was a supplemental application that anyone could access on their website. However, this year it isnt present on their website but CASPA hints at the presence of a supplemental application. Can someone clarify this?

13 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Hey everyone! I submitted my verified CASPA about 3 weeks ago but I'm confused on a certain thing. Last year, there was a supplemental application that anyone could access on their website. However, this year it isnt present on their website but CASPA hints at the presence of a supplemental application. Can someone clarify this?

I reached out to an admissions counselor about this. There is no supplemental this year. 

If I hadn't reached out to him, I wouldn't even know that my application was complete! I never even got a verification email.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 8:30 AM, glerner124 said:

I reached out to an admissions counselor about this. There is no supplemental this year. 

If I hadn't reached out to him, I wouldn't even know that my application was complete! I never even got a verification email.

I reached out to Western as well to ask if my application was received. I used the chat box feature and they told me right away. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, karinag10 said:

Hi there!

Does anyone know if WesternU is still grouping applicants by their gpa tier system?

They group by GPA  and they group once more post interview. Essentially before the interview, you are paired with someone with about the same stats. If both of y'all are great at the interview, the slightly better applicant gets admitted and the other applicant gets placed on the alternative list in case THAT specific, admitted applicant declines his/her offer. Hope that makes sense. This was explained at last year's interview day.

Guest Jonascdn

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lesliep143 said:

I just got an email saying my app has been processed for review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an email today as well but it's the "CASPA app received" email. I thought they already had me application this whole time since they sent me an email about my repeated coursework on my application last month. A bit confusing lol 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, megmer said:

Me too! Their website says they notify people about interviews beginning in August, so hopefully the first round of invites will go out soon!

I saw that too, but the admissions counselor I've been emailing said they do not utilize rolling admissions. But their application deadline is November, and their website also says they start sending interviews in August. There must be some inconsistency! lol