2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, Pa98173jd said:

I am! I'm honestly getting a bit anxious because idk their interview style as it is on zoom now. 

this is definitely nerve-wracking! ive been sitting still for the past 15 min now haha. i also didnt quite know how to study but hopefully they cut us some slack being the first ones to virtually interview!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xtian said:

Anyone who was offered an interview so far mind sharing their stats, specifically GPA? Thanks!

All my GPAs were about a 3.8-3.9. Also there are 9 interview days! So assuming this is the first one, there will be 8 more opportunities. Also, most applicants won't get a response until March so it is okay to be on the last interview invite

Edited by Pa98173jd
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, prePAnerd97 said:

this is definitely nerve-wracking! ive been sitting still for the past 15 min now haha. i also didnt quite know how to study but hopefully they cut us some slack being the first ones to virtually interview!

It is nerve-wracking! I dont even know if I should drink coffee because I feel it will make it worse lol so im staring at a wall til the zoom starts

Edited by Pa98173jd
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laybunny said:

Also, for those who just interviewed, how do you think you did overall? I think I did okay. Some of the questions I responded well but the others stumped me a bit.

I feel the same way on the last statement you wrote but I truly think they will evaluate us more kindly being the first group or at least I hope

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Laybunny said:

Also, for those who just interviewed, how do you think you did overall? I think I did okay. Some of the questions I responded well but the others stumped me a bit.

i think i did okay, too. i don't feel super great about it. the delay in starting and then all of a sudden starting right away kind of threw me off-guard. their email/interview web page also says its MMI-style so having a completely traditional interview was also just unexpected for me 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, prePAnerd97 said:

i think i did okay, too. i don't feel super great about it. the delay in starting and then all of a sudden starting right away kind of threw me off-guard. their email/interview web page also says its MMI-style so having a completely traditional interview was also just unexpected for me 

I agree that threw me off as well because many sources said it will be MMI

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thehopefulprepa said:

For those who interviewed, could you provide insight on the format of the interview process itself? Was it still an MMI format, did the use break out rooms to split you up, how much time per question if MMI were you allotted, etc? 

its a traditional interview with you and 2 faculty members! i believe it was about 4 questions (and one had follow-up questions) at 6 min per question. 

Hello everyone, 

I applied to Western University's PA program for the 2020-2021 cycle and my application was verified by CASPA. I received an email stating that the school received the materials required to evaluate my application. However, today I received another email stating that the school would not accept my Anatomy and Physiology courses because they are non-biology classes. I went to Southern Methodist University and the only A&P classes offered were from their Applied Physiology and Sports Management major. I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue of the program not accepting your courses and how you went about verifying the courses' standards. 

Thanks for your help in advance! 

20 minutes ago, lalama06 said:

Hello everyone, 

I applied to Western University's PA program for the 2020-2021 cycle and my application was verified by CASPA. I received an email stating that the school received the materials required to evaluate my application. However, today I received another email stating that the school would not accept my Anatomy and Physiology courses because they are non-biology classes. I went to Southern Methodist University and the only A&P classes offered were from their Applied Physiology and Sports Management major. I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue of the program not accepting your courses and how you went about verifying the courses' standards. 

Whenever a program doesnt accept my prerequisites, I kindly reply to the email and ask if they would like to see the syllabus. Then, I’ll send it and await there response. Maybe in your case, you can also send the course description and/or school catalog. 

1 hour ago, lalama06 said:

Hello everyone, 

On their program website, they also offer course equivalencies for various schools (Universities and CCs), so you can verify if the courses are accepted or not. 

On 10/12/2020 at 2:53 PM, lalama06 said:

Hello everyone, 

This happened to me. They wouldn't take one of my literature/composition classes as an English class. I sent him my syllabus and he still said it didn't count. I then made a case for myself why it should be accepted, and I got an email back saying that it would be accepted. I interviewed with them last week, so they accepted the class and I would definitely try! 🙂

2 hours ago, Cllliu said:

Received an acceptance to WesternU! I interviewed on Oct 8, and was very surprised to have a decision back so early as they told us to expect to hear back in March. Good luck to everyone out there!!! You guys are going to do awesome! 

Congrats!! Was the acceptance sent to your email or portal? Also, who sent out the acceptance? 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, Cllliu said:

Received an acceptance to WesternU! I interviewed on Oct 8, and was very surprised to have a decision back so early as they told us to expect to hear back in March. Good luck to everyone out there!!! You guys are going to do awesome! 

Congrats! I also received my acceptance to WesternU on October 15! 

• Like 2