2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, ellieg said:

I saw that too, but the admissions counselor I've been emailing said they do not utilize rolling admissions. But their application deadline is November, and their website also says they start sending interviews in August. There must be some inconsistency! lol

They aren’t rolling admissions, but their interview invites are rolling. So the sooner you submit the better! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, anjella said:

Hey everyone,

After reading through this forum, I see that they review applications by going through a grade tier system. 

Do you know if this is through the CASPA GPA? Or is by the recalculated GPA after we submit the form for repeated courses?

They recalculate your GPA and they select the lowest one from the cGPA, sGPA, prerequisite GPA, etc to rank you. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, DTHAI said:

Got an email regarding repeated coursework and I was wondering if anyone could help clarify.. I have emailed admissions but still waiting.

Does this only apply to coursework repeated in the same institution? IE: I took genetics twice at UCSB. Or does it also apply to classes I took in different institutions? IE: Microbiology (lecture only) taken initially at UCSB but microbiology (with Lab) repeated at community college.

Hey, I emailed and asked this question because I repeated coursework at community college. They said

This form will allow us to recalculate your GPA be removing the lower grades of each repeated course.  How you select the courses on CASPA does not matter, just as long as you answer yes to our custom question.”

It looks like they do intended to recalculate gpa this round!

good luck everyone:D

2 hours ago, lgentile said:

Hey, I emailed and asked this question because I repeated coursework at community college. They said

This form will allow us to recalculate your GPA be removing the lower grades of each repeated course.  How you select the courses on CASPA does not matter, just as long as you answer yes to our custom question.”

It looks like they do intended to recalculate gpa this round!

good luck everyone:D

Yes that’s correct! They are recalculating GPAs. However, for me they did not accept 1 of my repeated courses. They said the 2 courses were not equivalents. But last cycle (reapplicant here), they accepted the same 2 courses as repeated coursework. Did this happen to anyone else? 
I was disappointed since I thought they would accept them again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elizabethhhmh said:

Has anyone heard anything about when they will be sending out interview invites? Or gotten any updates on the application status page?

Mine still says this "Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing. Status updates will be posted here." But there is nothing more posted.

Good luck everyone!

Last cycle they offered interviews around September 16th. So possibly next week, or a little later cause of COVID

14 hours ago, ckhalasi said:

Does anyone happen to know how strict they are with prerequisite expiration? For example, they want chemistry to be completed 2013 or later, but the last chem class I took was in 2011. All other science courses are within the time-frame.

I would email them before submitting. You might save yourself some money.

But yea, they want certain prereqs completed within the last 7 years, including general chem. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ameiyan said:

I called an admissions counselor regarding an issue on my online application and she mentioned their first interview day would be October 9th! I haven't heard back regarding an interview myself, but I imagine interview invites should be sent out pretty soon if that's the case. 

Hopefully they push interviews farther out a little, that's kind of unaccommodating to send out interview invites only 1-2 weeks before the scheduled day....

20 hours ago, ameiyan said:

I called an admissions counselor regarding an issue on my online application and she mentioned their first interview day would be October 9th! I haven't heard back regarding an interview myself, but I imagine interview invites should be sent out pretty soon if that's the case. 

That’s awesome news! Thank you for sharing:)