2020-2021 Application Cycle

13 hours ago, helpmebeaPA said:

What kind of questions were asked during your interview and how long is the interview itself? I received an email stating the interview will be an hour, which includes the check in and orientation. 

not sure if they're going to change the format so def prepare for anything but for mine, it was 4 situational questions so just make sure you have stories at the ready. My experience with the interview was just blah. It was literally "tell me abt a time where...." Its up to you to keep the convo going or u will sink lol my interviewer never really added to my statements she just moved onto the next question so it was a bit awkward and i felt at the end that she didn't know anything about me but i still somehow got accepted lol best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sabhad said:

not sure if they're going to change the format so def prepare for anything but for mine, it was 4 situational questions so just make sure you have stories at the ready. My experience with the interview was just blah. It was literally "tell me abt a time where...." Its up to you to keep the convo going or u will sink lol my interviewer never really added to my statements she just moved onto the next question so it was a bit awkward and i felt at the end that she didn't know anything about me but i still somehow got accepted lol best of luck!

I had a similar experience although my questions were not situational, but definitely not traditional like the past interviews lol. Super pumped to be accepted though! Congrats! 🙂 are your accepting your offer? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilyJean said:

I had a similar experience although my questions were not situational, but definitely not traditional like the past interviews lol. Super pumped to be accepted though! Congrats! 🙂 are your accepting your offer? 

so I decided to decline my offer. Didn't really like the large class size and just superficial nature of this university. Like how do you accept students you don't take the time to get to know or interview thoroughly? they never got to know me or my goals or my life story... I was just asked robotic questions and am pretty sure I got accepted just bc of my high GPA. Overall didn't feel a connection with this university tbh so that's why i decided to decline. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dean227 said:

I interviewed Friday and felt like I didn’t learn about the school and their program. It’s a shame cause they had a difference in their curriculum but didn’t really elaborate much besides stating they incorporate western and eastern medicine. 

Congrats to all those accepted!! 

Exactly i 100% agree. The interview just didn't get me excited about this program at all and it was kind of a first glance about what it's going to be like to be 1/97 students here so i just couldn't go through with it🙃 a shame bc i really wanted to go somewhere warm lol but i'm thankful I have another acceptance to fall back on. 

• Upvote 2

Guest dean227
7 minutes ago, sabhad said:

Thank you!! wow, i actually had no idea about their probation status, thats very concerning😐  I hope other applicants see this

Oh I’m sorry I read this wrong!! They’re not another school is 😂

I had my interview this morning and it went well. The person who interviewed me was amazing! I'm so glad I had a wonderful opportunity with this program! Truly so thankful!! I wish I wasn't limited with the questions and time spent with my interviewer.. I hope she got a good understanding for who I am. I forgot to mention all my volunteer experience because of the way my questions were structured, but I still hope I stood out to them! 

It's unfortunate that some interviewers had a bad experience with this program. I'm from the local area, so I've heard great things about Western and my interview experience with them went great, as well.

I'm so anxious for the decisions to come out!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ilenia said:

Hi guys! I applied to this program back in July and have yet to hear back anything. Is anyone on the same boat? Is it worth emailing them? 

Hey girl! Maybe reach out. I know they’re interviewing into early March. With last cycles they give all decisions out in Mid March. With COVID who knows how much of a delay there will be. 

1 minute ago, EmilyJean said:

Hey girl! Maybe reach out. I know they’re interviewing into early March. With last cycles they give all decisions out in Mid March. With COVID who knows how much of a delay there will be. 

Thanks Emily, I definitely will! Do you know if I email admissions@westernu.edu? 

7 hours ago, PrePA2020to21 said:

I had my interview this morning and it went well. The person who interviewed me was amazing! I'm so glad I had a wonderful opportunity with this program! Truly so thankful!! I wish I wasn't limited with the questions and time spent with my interviewer.. I hope she got a good understanding for who I am. I forgot to mention all my volunteer experience because of the way my questions were structured, but I still hope I stood out to them! 

It's unfortunate that some interviewers had a bad experience with this program. I'm from the local area, so I've heard great things about Western and my interview experience with them went great, as well.

I'm so anxious for the decisions to come out!

That's great to hear! I'm also local and have my interview on March 4. I was wondering if you would be able to give insight on if the whole interview ended up taking around 1 hour like the email said? Was a little confused on the process with check in times and everything.

7 hours ago, Mamba said:

That's great to hear! I'm also local and have my interview on March 4. I was wondering if you would be able to give insight on if the whole interview ended up taking around 1 hour like the email said? Was a little confused on the process with check in times and everything.

The interview alone is only 20 min! It’s over so fast haha.  When you log in to zoom, you will be with other candidates while they take role then they will send you to your interview room where you will interview with 1-2 faculty. You will be asked 4 questions and you have 5 minutes to answer every question. It is seriously so fast. I have to maintain the integrity of the questions obviously, but my best advice is to have like 5 personal stories that you can relate to ANYTHING they may ask you. If you can find a way to relate your responses, no matter what the question, to why that’s going to make you a successful PA student/ why you’re ready for PA school or why you want to be a PA, they will love that! 

• Like 4