2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 3/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, PREPA20201 said:

Does anyone know what the best way to send transcripts to Western? I don’t see this anywhere. 

I just ordered them the same way I ordered my official transcripts to send to CASPA. They send PDF versions so it’s a lot faster. I ordered mine on Friday and they’re already marked as received in my Western portal.

2 hours ago, Kurisu said:

Are interviews over? I'm seeing a lot of people getting waitlisted and rejected. I haven't seen any change in my application page. So am worried where I am in the process. I have yet to get an interview.

I was wondering the same thing. I just checked mine and it still says Submitted. I'm always holding on until I get that rejection haha

4 hours ago, cnatopa445 said:

Hi guys i read last years forum and it seems like there was just an alternate list? And not a waitlist as well...? Can anyone confirm if their application status says waitlisted or alternate for this cycle ? thank you 🙏🏽

Hey! Maybe reach out to admissions to see if interviews are still being conducted. I have no idea how COVID has affected interviews as far as timing goes; with a majority of decisions going out in March, definitely reach out and see! I am wishing you the best of luck!! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:55 PM, Kurisu said:

Are interviews over? I'm seeing a lot of people getting waitlisted and rejected. I haven't seen any change in my application page. So am worried where I am in the process. I have yet to get an interview.

I attended a shadowing event earlier this week and one of the speakers teaches at WesternU. They said Western finished interviews. From my past experience applying, they send out rejections at the end of interviews around this time March/April. 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, cnatopa445 said:

Hi guys i read last years forum and it seems like there was just an alternate list? And not a waitlist as well...? Can anyone confirm if their application status says waitlisted or alternate for this cycle ? thank you 🙏🏽

Mine said alternative list so I took it as being waitlisted? 

Reject here! I was initially pretty bummed to get this news as Western would have been probably the easiest school for me to attend without up and moving away from my current homebase for the next two years. However, after reading current and past student comments regarding the program and level of attention given to the cohort by faculty, I feel like maybe this was meant to be for me. I interviewed/was accepted to five other programs besides this one, Western being my last interview and definitely having a weird/off-putting vibe. I walked away from that ten minutes feeling like I could have gone on a rambling tangent about a fictitious life as a runaway circus performer who decided to commit her life to helping others and I still would have gotten an indifferent response by my interviewer. My own perspective is that people who made it this far and put in so much effort as to be given an opportunity to interview should at least be made to feel like they are of interest to the interviewer. I hope those in my boat can keep that in mind if they're bummed out about their status. For those of you accepted, congrats! I believe one of the biggest perks about this school is the sense of community among fellow classmates, you worked your butt off and deserve to have a highly coveted seat! ❤️ 

• Like 3

Being from SoCal, my heart literally dropped when I received my acceptance letter last month. If you talked to me  last year, Western was 100% my first choice. It was an unexpected and extremely difficult decision but I've decided to give up my acceptance to go to another program. Both are amazing programs but I wanted to try something new and out of state! 😮 

I'm so excited for the person who's going to join Western's PA class soon. Do us proud! Giving whoever you are a BIG HUG!!!

• Like 3

Hi unfortunately I was rejected. I felt that WesternU was my best interview and my interviewer even told me “see you in august” at the very end of my interview. I felt very good after my interview. So once I got my rejection letter I was very surprised. Anyone know if WesternU provides feedback or counseling appointments for reapplicants? Also anyone else had a similar experience? 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I've got my fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist and congrats to those who have been accepted! I know it's still a bit early to start thinking about school, but I'm organizing a class bulk order for PANCE PREP PEARLS V3! It's a popular book filled with high yield information that's useful for supplementing studies during didactic/clinical year. The bulk order pricing is $44 flat (no tax/shipping fees!) vs $50 regularly. If you'd like to sign up, please fill out the form below.

Also, if you haven't already joined the class FB group and would like to join, please send a picture of your acceptance letter and a photo ID to:  2023mspa@gmail.com

https://forms.gle/CXmxW9at3FfBSNVC6
220537297_PANCEPREPPEARLSV3.thumb.jpg.aae119b67b5af1a9daebabbd65985fac.jpg

• 1 month later...