2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hey guys! I was just rejected without getting an email notification. Just log in and theres a hyperlink saying "theres been an update" or something like that.

Im happy for those of you accepted!

I was iffy about this school bc of the large class size, but its closer to home. Overall, I am glad because I'm gonna end up going to a school I really vibed well with compared to Western thats out of state, small class sizes, and much cheaper. I'll be able to push my comfort zone and have a fun new experience!

To those of you who didn't get in this round,  do not lose hope if this is your dream. Another year will only make you more experienced for your application and your life in general! I would highly suggest reaching out of your comfort zone, and looking around the country! The cost of living is likely lower, and you'll get to know a community thats different than the one you've come from. 

Best,

Lauren

• Like 3

I really don't understand what Western is looking for in a candidate. This is my fourth interview with WesternU MY FOURTH INTERVIEW !!!! and I was rejected again 😭 year after year I've shown professional and personal growth. I've shadowed new PA"s every year, I have 2 publications as an undergrad, and I have a 3.5 gpa. I have 2 years experience as an EMT and now I'm working as a phlebotomist. At the end of the day I know there's a reason why GOD is keeping this door shut for me and I just need to have faith in his process and what he has planned for me. I wont give up because this is my vocation and I encourage you all to not give up either. This sucks but now we just got to look for more opportunities that are available. God bless to you all and take care.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Desi93 said:

I really don't understand what Western is looking for in a candidate. This is my fourth interview with WesternU MY FOURTH INTERVIEW !!!! and I was rejected again 😭 year after year I've shown professional and personal growth. I've shadowed new PA"s every year, I have 2 publications as an undergrad, and I have a 3.5 gpa. I have 2 years experience as an EMT and now I'm working as a phlebotomist. At the end of the day I know there's a reason why GOD is keeping this door shut for me and I just need to have faith in his process and what he has planned for me. I wont give up because this is my vocation and I encourage you all to not give up either. This sucks but now we just got to look for more opportunities that are available. God bless to you all and take care.  

hi, Desi93!

i appreciate your perspective on the rejection. i've reapplied to WesternU four times. the first three times were rejections. this time, i received an interview but just got my rejection letter. we just have to continue to have faith and never give up on our dream of becoming a PA. the blood, sweat, and tears will pay off... i know it! God bless to you as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CeciltheDiesel said:

My checklist was also removed and I too was rejected. I’m pretty’s sure this was my last year applying. All my prerequisites have expired and I give up. Good luck everyone who didn’t get in 🙂 

hi, CeciltheDiesel.

this honestly made me sad to read. please, don't give up! 😔 i wish you all the best. 🙏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iwillnotgiveup said:

hi, Desi93!

i appreciate your perspective on the rejection. i've reapplied to WesternU four times. the first three times were rejections. this time, i received an interview but just got my rejection letter. we just have to continue to have faith and never give up on our dream of becoming a PA. the blood, sweat, and tears will pay off... i know it! God bless to you as well.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Keep it pushing no matter what😤 don't doubt yourself and don't listen to anyone who tells you to quit or look for something else because if we give up then it was never really meant for us. 

• Like 2

For those accepted,

if you are planning to accept your offer and you would like to get added to the Facebook page please send a picture of your acceptance letter and a photo ID to:

2023mspa@gmail.com

If your FB name is not the same as that on your ID, please mention that in the email.

Thank you, and congrats! 

• Like 1

Also, for those who were rejected,

I was a third time applicant this cycle. I have gotten interviewed the last three cycles with Western. First I was rejected, then waitlisted, then finally this year, accepted. If Western is your dream school and you plan to apply again, especially with the next cycle opening up in April, here is my best advice:

if your GPA is below a 3.5, I would consider retaking some classes if possible. They do a GPA tier system when screening applicants for interviews. For the actual interview, come up with 5 personal stories that you can potentially relate to ANYTHING they may ask you. No matter how bizarre do your best to use examples and explain to them WHY you want to be a PA, WHY you are ready and prepared for PA school, and what differentiates you from maybe another applicant with similar stats? My interview this cycle I felt like I tanked because the last two years I got the same questions. I went in so confident but ended up getting bogus questions that I felt didn’t display to them who I am as a person. At the end of my interview my interviewer asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add... I went on a tangent lol! I told him “you should pick me over another applicant because I am ready for PA school. I’ve been waitlisted and if there is one point I could drive in to you, it’s I am ready for this. If rejected I will keep coming back. If I was rejected western would be missing a student who would not only be successful but would uplift my cohort to be successful as well..” something along those lines. DO NOT GIVE UP! Sometimes being rejected is a matter of luck.. a student told me they pair you with someone with similar stats and at the end of the day they are really forced to choose the better interviewer. Be confident. Be yourself. Stand out. Make them know WHY you stand out. I wish you the best of luck. Please don’t give up! It’s not a matter of IF you’ll get into PA school and become a PA, it’s only a matter of WHEN. 

Best regards my friends! Good luck!!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Also, for those who were rejected,

I was a third time applicant this cycle. I have gotten interviewed the last three cycles with Western. First I was rejected, then waitlisted, then finally this year, accepted. If Western is your dream school and you plan to apply again, especially with the next cycle opening up in April, here is my best advice:

if your GPA is below a 3.5, I would consider retaking some classes if possible. They do a GPA tier system when screening applicants for interviews. For the actual interview, come up with 5 personal stories that you can potentially relate to ANYTHING they may ask you. No matter how bizarre do your best to use examples and explain to them WHY you want to be a PA, WHY you are ready and prepared for PA school, and what differentiates you from maybe another applicant with similar stats? My interview this cycle I felt like I tanked because the last two years I got the same questions. I went in so confident but ended up getting bogus questions that I felt didn’t display to them who I am as a person. At the end of my interview my interviewer asked me if there was anything else I wanted to add... I went on a tangent lol! I told him “you should pick me over another applicant because I am ready for PA school. I’ve been waitlisted and if there is one point I could drive in to you, it’s I am ready for this. If rejected I will keep coming back. If I was rejected western would be missing a student who would not only be successful but would uplift my cohort to be successful as well..” something along those lines. DO NOT GIVE UP! Sometimes being rejected is a matter of luck.. a student told me they pair you with someone with similar stats and at the end of the day they are really forced to choose the better interviewer. Be confident. Be yourself. Stand out. Make them know WHY you stand out. I wish you the best of luck. Please don’t give up! It’s not a matter of IF you’ll get into PA school and become a PA, it’s only a matter of WHEN. 

Best regards my friends! Good luck!!

This is very informative for first time applicants but as for reapplicants I'm sure majority of us have done what you have suggested. Personally, I did everything you suggested and said almost the same exact thing that you said at the end, so that's what makes me question what WesternU really wants in a candidate.  This is just mind boggling for me because this is my fourth time interviewing with them so obviously their interested, so why not give me a fair opportunity? 🥴 In my opinion the questions have been very similar these last four cycles, so I feel that I have become very comfortable and confident when answering their   questions. Nevertheless, I will persevere and continue to grow. Back to ground 0, LOL !! Step 1: start all over and look for new opportunities 🤓 Step 2: NEVER GIVE UP 😤 Congrats on being accepted 🥳🥳🥳 that is a huge accomplishment🙌 so I hope you have the opportunity to celebrate with loved ones. May God be with you guiding you and strengthening you throughput your PA journey.  ♥️

• Like 5

After doing some further research, I just found out that if you are placed on the alternate list you need to wait and hope to be placed on the waitlist. then once on the waitlist you are slightly more likely to get in. so the alternate list is even further from getting in 😞. feeling very discouraged as well. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Desi93 said:

This is very informative for first time applicants but as for reapplicants I'm sure majority of us have done what you have suggested. Personally, I did everything you suggested and said almost the same exact thing that you said at the end, so that's what makes me question what WesternU really wants in a candidate.  This is just mind boggling for me because this is my fourth time interviewing with them so obviously their interested, so why not give me a fair opportunity? 🥴 In my opinion the questions have been very similar these last four cycles, so I feel that I have become very comfortable and confident when answering their   questions. Nevertheless, I will persevere and continue to grow. Back to ground 0, LOL !! Step 1: start all over and look for new opportunities 🤓 Step 2: NEVER GIVE UP 😤 Congrats on being accepted 🥳🥳🥳 that is a huge accomplishment🙌 so I hope you have the opportunity to celebrate with loved ones. May God be with you guiding you and strengthening you throughput your PA journey.  ♥️

Thank you much. And I am so sorry you’ve had such a rough go. I am not sure of what all the ins and outs of admissions; it seems it tends to be heavily dependent on what the application pool looks like. I am wishing you all the best. Don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any questions, should you want someone to look over your PS etc. etc. wishing you nothing but success. Let’s hope the next one is a charm🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cnatopa445 said:

After doing some further research, I just found out that if you are placed on the alternate list you need to wait and hope to be placed on the waitlist. then once on the waitlist you are slightly more likely to get in. so the alternate list is even further from getting in 😞. feeling very discouraged as well. 

I am sorry 😞 this is helpful to know for lots of people! Keep pushing! Being a PA is a rewarding career path! 

2 hours ago, PREPA20201 said:

Does anyone know when we will get more information about start dates and financial aid :)? Where did you find that the orientation week is August 2-6th ?

On further dates in the student portal once you pay your deposit. They haven’t started the award process yet! I got an email that my FASFA was received and that they haven’t started awarding yet. 

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. This is my first cycle applying and I was rejected after being interviewed with near perfect stats. 
4.0 science gpa 

~4.0 regular gpa 

~1,000 hours pce 

a bunch of volunteering. I am only 21 so I am thinking that could be a factor. Just very disheartened but ready to try again next cycle. Any advice would be helpful. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! 

18 hours ago, Chanels1123 said:

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. This is my first cycle applying and I was rejected after being interviewed with near perfect stats. 
4.0 science gpa 

~4.0 regular gpa 

~1,000 hours pce 

a bunch of volunteering. I am only 21 so I am thinking that could be a factor. Just very disheartened but ready to try again next cycle. Any advice would be helpful. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! 

WOW! Impressive stats! From what I have heard, on your interview day you are paired with someone with similar stats and at the end of the day they will choose the better interviewer. You are an amazing applicant, but sometimes its just luck I think; so if you plan to apply again, spend more time preparing on the interview portion of your application! You will get in, its only a matter of when. Feel free to reach out to me privately with an questions you may have! You are on the younger end of the spectrum so your patient care hours are below the average stats, so they could just want to see you come back with more hours; who knows! Good luck friend! YOU WILL GET IN!

• Thanks 1