2020-2021 Application Cycle

51 minutes ago, curiousaboutpa2024 said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering if we are required/need to send in our fall 2020 transcripts? I had sent them in just in case but my application portal still shows that they are "awaiting" the grades and that they are still pending. So I was wondering if anyone had sent in their Fall 2020 grades and if those were uploaded to their application portal yet? 

I asked Jeanene. She said that I didn’t have to send them yet. I’m assuming they’ll probably provide more instructions after their decisions.

2 hours ago, curiousaboutpa2024 said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering if we are required/need to send in our fall 2020 transcripts? I had sent them in just in case but my application portal still shows that they are "awaiting" the grades and that they are still pending. So I was wondering if anyone had sent in their Fall 2020 grades and if those were uploaded to their application portal yet? 

I sent in mine and let them know as well, so they checked and updated.

Hi everyone! I’ll be applying next round but was wondering if it matters where I repeat a course. I think caspa only tracks repeats if it’s retaken at the same school but I’ve repeated a course at a different school than I originally took it. Does anyone know if they still recalculate your GPA if the courses were taken at different schools? Thanks! 

16 hours ago, eandersen3733 said:

Hi everyone! I’ll be applying next round but was wondering if it matters where I repeat a course. I think caspa only tracks repeats if it’s retaken at the same school but I’ve repeated a course at a different school than I originally took it. Does anyone know if they still recalculate your GPA if the courses were taken at different schools? Thanks! 

Yes, but only if you can prove they are course equivalents.

Last cycle, I applied with repeated coursework and they accepted all the courses as repeated. However, this current cycle I reapplied with the same repeated coursework (no new changes)  and they did not accept 2 courses. They said the courses were not equivalents, but last cycle they did accept them as equivalent and repeated. I’m not sure what changed this year that caused them not to accept the courses.

Just be sure your courses are equivalent.

29 minutes ago, KortneyDaly said:

Congrats on your recent acceptance @EmilyJean @KatJaime @melina228 and @faaithbeee! How exciting! 

Do you know if they are still inviting students for interviews? I emailed Mr. Haverkamp two weeks ago and did not receive a response (as I'm sure he's busy). Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks and congrats again!

Hey girl! DON'T LOSE HOPE. If it makes you feel any better, I interviewed in February last cycle. I also believe they are interviewing until early March with COVID slowing things down a bit. Wishing you the best of luck!!

2 minutes ago, KortneyDaly said:

@EmilyJean - thank you for the quick response, insight, and words of encouragement. I am certainly anxious, this is my third cycle applying, but I will take what you said to heart and remain hopeful. Congrats again, you must be on cloud 9 right now!

Thank is GREAT that you have 2 cycles behind you. My fingers are crossed for you. It is definitely a great feeling. HUGE weight off my shoulders. I can't wait for you to experience it.. how many schools have you applied to as a third time applicant??

• Like 1