2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

The interview alone is only 20 min! It’s over so fast haha.  When you log in to zoom, you will be with other candidates while they take role then they will send you to your interview room where you will interview with 1-2 faculty. You will be asked 4 questions and you have 5 minutes to answer every question. It is seriously so fast. I have to maintain the integrity of the questions obviously, but my best advice is to have like 5 personal stories that you can relate to ANYTHING they may ask you. If you can find a way to relate your responses, no matter what the question, to why that’s going to make you a successful PA student/ why you’re ready for PA school or why you want to be a PA, they will love that! 

Oh I see, thank you very much for the explanation! Also congratulations on your acceptance!

Received an interview invite today via email, scheduled for 3/4. FYI, there were 4 other interview slots for that day when I signed up via the portal; it did not look like there were any other interview days available (but they may open them up later?). Best of luck to those with upcoming interviews and still waiting to hear something. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 9:36 AM, EmilyJean said:

You have to email a copy of your acceptance letter and drivers license to 2023mspa@gmail.com and they will send you a link 

Have you heard back or gotten a link for the facebook page from them yet? I emailed soon after I was accepted but haven't heard anything since. 

interviewed on 02/11 and was told I would hear back in mid-March. I wasn't a fan of the interview, only 4 super basic questions. I didn't feel like the interviewer tried to connect with me, I left the interview feeling weird, maybe that's a sign this school isn't the best choice for me

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, ToriG said:

interviewed on 02/11 and was told I would hear back in mid-March. I wasn't a fan of the interview, only 4 super basic questions. I didn't feel like the interviewer tried to connect with me, I left the interview feeling weird, maybe that's a sign this school isn't the best choice for me

I also interviewed that day! Did they say how soon we could hear back? Or is everyone just expected to hear back in March? /: 

10 minutes ago, Zebra1025 said:

Or is the interview completely separate once invited and not based on stats after 

I'm a first time applicant, and I got an interview but still waiting on a decision. Hence, I would take what I say with a grain of salt. Getting an interview is a big thing, so congrats! I read a few posts from the previous years to get a gist of the timeline. Based on what I have read, it seems that for the most part that they focus on the interview after. Since they base their interview dates on GPA, I'd assume most of the people that are interviewing on your date have similar stats. Additionally, there were a good chunk of people who interviewed on the last date in previous years that got in!  So, I personally think you got a chance! 

On 2/18/2021 at 7:24 PM, ToriG said:

This is actually a thing. Out of all my interviews, I felt I only really connected with one and felt that was the program for me. That's where I am going and I am beyond happy with my choice!! 🙂 The interview is a big part. Remember, the interview is also about if YOU accept THEM and if their program is a fit for you. Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2021 at 10:54 AM, EmilyJean said:

Do you by chance know how many of those 53 members are accepted students? It seems like 3 are moderators from the class of 2022 but was wondering bc of the other 50 are accepted students than half the class is already filled which should give the remaining people who are waiting to hear back a realistic idea of how many seats are open. I know they say "90% of students" hear back in mid-march but im assuming almost all are rejections and waitlists. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PrePA2023 said:

Do you by chance know how many of those 53 members are accepted students? It seems like 3 are moderators from the class of 2022 but was wondering bc of the other 50 are accepted students than half the class is already filled which should give the remaining people who are waiting to hear back a realistic idea of how many seats are open. I know they say "90% of students" hear back in mid-march but im assuming almost all are rejections and waitlists. 

Out of the 54 of us I think less than 10 are applicants from this cycle, the rest of us are from the class of 2022! Most applicants do hear back mid-March even those that are accepted so don't lose hope if you weren't accepted yet. 

I know its a stressful time for those waiting to hear back but you put in the work and did all you could do at this point!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, PrePA2023 said:

Only a few are new students, most are from class 2022! I heard back from admissions the last cycle around March 19th, so still hold out hope! Ya'll should hear back soonish!