2020-2021 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, ujdugar said:

Hey guys! congrats on acceptances! 

question, did they call, email or just posted on application status page to notify you of acceptances?

Thanks!

They sent an email that states "status update posted to your application status page" then you had to login to see your application statues. 

Just now, EmilyJean said:

They sent an email that states "status update posted to your application status page" then you had to login to see your application statues. 

oh gotcha! Thank you for the quick reply!! 

Since you guys all posted at night, I'm assuming they're notifying at night?

congrats!!!!

Just now, ujdugar said:

oh gotcha! Thank you for the quick reply!! 

Since you guys all posted at night, I'm assuming they're notifying at night?

congrats!!!!

Thank you so much! Yeah I got mine around 8:30 pm ish mountain time (so 7:30 pm ish Pacific time). I would assume you could hear back at any time though.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:49 AM, KortneyDaly said:

@EmilyJean - thank you for the quick response, insight, and words of encouragement. I am certainly anxious, this is my third cycle applying, but I will take what you said to heart and remain hopeful. Congrats again, you must be on cloud 9 right now!

I am also on my third cycle. I feel your pain. Hopefully this year will be the last for the both of us!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alexaisabelwood said:

Hey Emily! Congrats! I am so happy for you! I interviewed at the same exact time as you! I remember you said this was your third time applying!  I haven't heard back yet but fingers are crossed 🙂

Thank you so much friend!! I received a status update email so I logged in to my application status on the link they provided and then it was the accepted letter in there!

11 hours ago, PrePA2020to21 said:

Can you provide some insight on the interview process?? My interview is coming up and Western is my top choice and my last interview this cycle, so I really cannot mess this up. The pressure is so real.

So it is 4 questions at 5 minutes each. They first check you in on zoom and youll be with other interviewees to confirm attendance and then they send you  to your breakout room for your interview with with 1-2 faculty. They will introduce themselves (in my case it was a one-on-one), and they tell you you have 5 minutes per questions. Once you finish they move on to the next question type of thing. I have to maintain the integrity of the questions, but my best advice is to have like 5 personal things or experiences about yourself that you can relate to any question. No matter what question, make sure you explain how your specific experience or traits will make you successful in PA school or make you a good PA. Good luck!! You'll do great. I hope this helps!

Edited by EmilyJean
  • Thanks 1