2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just now, melina228 said:

I keep refreshing the page but it keeps saying the event has ended 😞 i think theres another student Q&A if we cant make it to this one? I hope this doesn't happen for the interview lol 

ahhh. usually they send a zoom link so it was strange that they sent a link to their web page 😞 and I was hoping they'd send an email saying "we know there have been technical difficulties..." 

8 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

I am assuming we will get an email from admissions about it , but hopefully we receive a link for another day/time if it's not up and running soon.

fingers crossed ! lol Let me know if any of you get updates ! However, since it is student run, I am assuming that admissions are not involved?

Edited by Livtheprepa

1 minute ago, ujdugar said:

I opened the link before the timer ran out and was able to just wait until they let me in the room! So sorry you guys are going through this! 

ahhhh i was waiting on the page for 30 minutes before it started and there was no additional link to click for me ! is there any way you can share the zoom link on here for us ?!

Edited by Livtheprepa

1 minute ago, ujdugar said:

I opened the link before the timer ran out and was able to just wait until they let me in the room! So sorry you guys are going through this! 

is it still going? are you able to let them know that a bunch of people aren't able to access the session 😮 

29 minutes ago, a1b2c3 said:

is it still going? are you able to let them know that a bunch of people aren't able to access the session 😮 

30 minutes ago, Livtheprepa said:

ahhhh i was waiting on the page for 30 minutes before it started and there was no additional link to click for me ! is there any way you can share the zoom link on here for us ?!

here is the link! They said it'll go on until 6PM. I feel like we're wrapping up soon. Sorry I just saw this!!

edit: I'll delete this link after this is over. 

edit: I deleted the link it case it was private or something! Hope I helped some of you out!!

Edited by ujdugar

2 minutes ago, Ltran2094 said:

Oh nice! All students answering questions we have?

I wonder if it’s part of the interview..

Yes! So there was a faculty that set up the chat and she made one of the students co-host and left! I don't think it was part of the interview at all. Truly just an information session. 

3 hours ago, ujdugar said:

Yes! So there was a faculty that set up the chat and she made one of the students co-host and left! I don't think it was part of the interview at all. Truly just an information session. 

I don't think it is part of the interview and it probably like the one on the preview day. 

Edited by CXLlxc

Hello all,

Applied 10/05/20 and create my profile. All I can see is that my application has been sent to admissions for processing. Reached out by phone (voicemail) and email last month but have not heard back. Not sure what is going on and if it is normal for them to take this long to review applicants as I see some people in this forum have already had interviews and acceptances. 

Update: Email from admission stated they are only considering candidates with 3.5 GPA overall, science, and prerequisite. So I have a 3.42 science and a 4.0 graduate science not sure if they calculate them together or not. Seems shifty because they require minimum 3.0 but now they say 3.5?

Edited by Makinbacooon

13 minutes ago, Makinbacooon said:

Hello all,

Applied 10/05/20 and create my profile. All I can see is that my application has been sent to admissions for processing. Reached out by phone (voicemail) and email last month but have not heard back. Not sure what is going on and if it is normal for them to take this long to review applicants as I see some people in this forum have already had interviews and acceptances. 

They go by GPA tiers. If you had a higher GPA, you should have been reviewed by now.

I believe someone said they are on the 3.6s 

On 1/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, EmilyJean said:

I interviewed in February last year 

Interesting, I thought they are going to have fewer interview days this year due to the fact that virtual interview allows them to carry out more interviews per day, but it also seems like there are still people waiting to hear back from them.

15 minutes ago, CXLlxc said:

Interesting, I thought they are going to have fewer interview days this year due to the fact that virtual interview allows them to carry out more interviews per day, but it also seems like there are still people waiting to hear back from them.

Yeah, this cycle this year has been interesting to say the least 

Hey everyone! I was wondering if we are required/need to send in our fall 2020 transcripts? I had sent them in just in case but my application portal still shows that they are "awaiting" the grades and that they are still pending. So I was wondering if anyone had sent in their Fall 2020 grades and if those were uploaded to their application portal yet?