University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, GlassesAir said:

just got my rejection too, but hopeful about other programs!

I want to add that I had a friend last year who got an interview invite after being rejected! I assume from those who declined. stay positive! If not this year (if not this program), your time will come! It’s a numbers game! 

Really? I thought once you're rejected, they don't open your application for review even if seats are open. Was this all in the same cycle of applying? 

On 10/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, latinaPA said:

Honestly, it’s such a great program. They’ve adapted really well to this new online/hybrid model and I am grateful everyday. The faculty is top notch and they know who they want in their program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! I received an interview invite today! so excited! Any words of advice regarding the basic anatomy and physiology 150 question exam we have to take??? I would love to review material and feel prepared. Thank you kindly and congrats on making it into an outstanding program. And, you're almost a PA!!!! whoot whoot!!

46 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

I was just thinking that exact same thing!!!! Wonder if that email from current students would be a good source! 

Just got an interview invite as well. To say I am overwhelmingly excited is an understatement! Gotta start studying for that exam!! Congrats to everyone who got an invite! We are one step closer! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Any words of advice regarding the basic anatomy and physiology 150 question exam we have to take??? 

I haven't taken the test yet but I am planning on using Mark Neilson's Anatomy Textbook. He is the anatomy professor at the U. His Advanced TA's teach for the school of medicine and I am totally speculating but I would assume they used him or his TA's for making the test. 

2 minutes ago, OLangi said:

I haven't taken the test yet but I am planning on using Mark Neilson's Anatomy Textbook. He is the anatomy professor at the U. His Advanced TA's teach for the school of medicine and I am totally speculating but I would assume they used him or his TA's for making the test. 

Where can I get this golden textbook? Lol

25 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Are emails still coming through? Or should I stop checking for the night?  

25 minutes ago, MedicineMom said:

I wonder if they are doing notifications in chunks. Maybe they are doing some today and some another day. Still waiting on the email. This is so stressful!! 

I’m in the same boat as you both. I’m taking a break (or at least trying to) from my email, it’s giving me too much anxiety! Good luck to those still waiting!

1 hour ago, mgo811 said:

For those who got rejected, please don't get discouraged! I was accepted to UPAP as a third time applicant. It definitely is tough to keep going, but if you feel like it's what you're meant to do, keep pushing! I'd be happy to talk with anyone about being a reapplicant and my journey to PA school. Please reach out!

Is the exam for the interview multiple choice? What can you tell me about things to review if you remember???

4 hours ago, pathgirl20 said:

Q: What's worse than waiting to find out if you got an interview?

A: Being on the alternate list and having to wait even longer to find out if you get a chance. (happened to me last year)

I feel you everyone!  Hang in there! 🙂

Did you eventually get pulled off of the alternate list and got an interview ? 

3 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

Hey! I received an interview invite today! so excited! Any words of advice regarding the basic anatomy and physiology 150 question exam we have to take??? I would love to review material and feel prepared. Thank you kindly and congrats on making it into an outstanding program. And, you're almost a PA!!!! whoot whoot!!

2 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

agreed! Positive vibes train all the way!

I got an interview invitation as well! Here's to a month of some solid anatomy and physiology reviewing! Good luck everyone

3 hours ago, EmilyJean said:

Received an interview invite today!! I am elated!! Rejected last cycle. Anyone who has interviewed before have any advice for what to review for the basic anatomy and physiology exam we have to take??? The U is my top choice. Time to dust off the ol’ text books. Good luck everyone!!!

Hey congratulations on getting an II! I interviewed last year and was accepted into the program. I pulled out my old undergrad anatomy lecture manual (BYU). I ran through that during the 2 weeks before the interview so it was all fresh on my mind. I can honestly say out of 125 questions that I reviewed and had fresh on my mind about 50% of the specific questions! I wouldn't have known those answers without it, though I could have made educated guesses. I went through every single small detail. I really think that is the thing that got me into the program! I bombed a few of the MMIs but had a really strong score on the test. 

You can do this! I know almost everyone will tell you there is no way to really prepare for it, but my opinion is different. It is also motivating to know that the interview score difference between the #50 candidate (who gets accepted) and the #75(who doesnt get accepted) is only one or two points. Get all of the interview points you can. Best of luck to you! This is an amazing program and I still feel like I'm dreaming. I'm hoping to see you around campus at some point!