University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

Hi everyone!  I know it's so stress-inducting to wait right now!  To my knowledge, invitations to interview have not gone out yet.  However, the admissions team is very organized.  They run a tight ship, so take heart!  It will be sent soon.  In the meantime, here is the corrected URL for the current class demographics for your viewing pleasure.  The URL on the website isn't working.

https://medicine.utah.edu/dfpm/physician-assistant-studies/program/files/class-51-composite-demographics.pdf

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, pathgirl20 said:

Hi everyone!  I know it's so stress-inducting to wait right now!  To my knowledge, invitations to interview have not gone out yet.  However, the admissions team is very organized.  They run a tight ship, so take heart!  It will be sent soon.  In the meantime, here is the corrected URL for the current class demographics for your viewing pleasure.  The URL on the website isn't working.

https://medicine.utah.edu/dfpm/physician-assistant-studies/program/files/class-51-composite-demographics.pdf

I've been trying to get into this for days!! Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pathgirl20 said:

Awesome! Thank you so much for the link 🙂

7 minutes ago, YafiZayyat said:

I just received an email from admissions. They said we should hear something hopefully by tomorrow, certainly by this weekend. Good luck fellow applicants, wishing the best for us allemoji3590.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to hear. Thank you. Not sure if it quells my anxiety, but still good to hear. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YafiZayyat said:

I just received an email from admissions. They said we should hear something hopefully by tomorrow, certainly by this weekend. Good luck fellow applicants, wishing the best for us allemoji3590.png

Is that correspondence coming from UPAP or from CASPA? Just curious! 

38 minutes ago, GlassesAir said:

@YafiZayyat thanks for the info!!

just wanted to add the interview dates posted on their site! If we don’t hear for the first round, stay positive there are more! Good luck everyone! 

Nov 9, 13, 16, 20

Are you thinking that the announcements that we're expecting this week may only be for the first round of viable applicants? I assumed they'd let us all know and then we'd be placed in time slots for one of those dates. I'm a first timer though so its totally speculative. 

I believe UPAP will inform all interview candidates at one time. Especially during these interview times just in case there are complications with the interview date scheduled. I know they are willing to work around other interview dates if you have a different interview scheduled with a different school and that would not be possible if they only told you one date without extended notice. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ShaneStr said:

Are you thinking that the announcements that we're expecting this week may only be for the first round of viable applicants? I assumed they'd let us all know and then we'd be placed in time slots for one of those dates. I'm a first timer though so its totally speculative. 

Yep. But I guess I’m speculating from my experience too. Second time applicant but first time getting interviews. Ive had other interview invites (from Rolling and non-Rolling schools) and they’ve all sent invites in waves. About 10-14 days prior to the scheduled date. 

I’ll add that since they are a non-Rolling school (And already have their dates on their site) I bet they’ll send out invites with a date assigned and any extenuating circumstances will be dealt with. 

any current students know exactly how they’ll send invites??

Edited by GlassesAir

2 hours ago, GlassesAir said:

Yep. But I guess I’m speculating from my experience too. Second time applicant but first time getting interviews. Ive had other interview invites (from Rolling and non-Rolling schools) and they’ve all sent invites in waves. About 10-14 days prior to the scheduled date. 

I’ll add that since they are a non-Rolling school (And already have their dates on their site) I bet they’ll send out invites with a date assigned and any extenuating circumstances will be dealt with. 

any current students know exactly how they’ll send invites??

I got an interview at a different school that is set up similar to UPAP. Non rolling admissions and they sent out invites in one wave. Then you could pick out of the listed dates. Not sure if UPAP will do the same. As people declined, they would sent more invites as they went down a list, im assuming. 

Did I read that sheet right saying there was a 65 y/o accepted for that cohort?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alden said:

I got an interview at a different school that is set up similar to UPAP. Non rolling admissions and they sent out invites in one wave. Then you could pick out of the listed dates. Not sure if UPAP will do the same. As people declined, they would sent more invites as they went down a list, im assuming. 

Makes sense. Well at least we’re cut off early and won’t have to be in limbo long haha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1