2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

I just got my rejection as well. The email no one wants. The scary part is this was one of my best interviews compared to others. I thought after 3 application cycles, I’d finally get the opportunity. My future seems so uncertain now. I’m all out of ways to improve my application since I’ve been doing that non-stop for the past couple years. & it still wasn’t enough. So disappointed in myself.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear back. 

Sincerely,

Discouraged 😔

• Like 3

1 hour ago, biopsyd said:

I just got my rejection as well. The email no one wants. The scary part is this was one of my best interviews compared to others. I thought after 3 application cycles, I’d finally get the opportunity. My future seems so uncertain now. I’m all out of ways to improve my application since I’ve been doing that non-stop for the past couple years. & it still wasn’t enough. So disappointed in myself.

Sincerely,

Discouraged 😔

I know how you feel...even though this is my first time applying. I thought I did the best I could. I tried to think back on any mistakes that I may have made during the interview. But I feel like, because it’s such a competitive process, it may not be something that you did wrong. It could be just that other people did it better: had better presentation, more articulate, what they were looking for, etc..

I would think if you received an interview, you are already ahead of the curve...Anyhow, probably this is just how I cope with the rejection 😅

I also feel discouraged, but not defeated. Let’s be sad for a day, then move on and be better the next!

Edited by joethepa
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone I got the rejection email this morning . I did the interviews as well. Back To the grind ! Everyone that got accepted I’m sending a million smiles to you all! I want to help one student with part of their seat deposit . Spreading goodness in light of the rejection is the only way to move forward . If you are a student in need and are worried about this seat deposit . Email me !  No questions asked . Reach me at Angela.giovinazzo01@gmail.com  

you guys and gals take care out there and I’ll be applying next year . Sending love and all the blessings to those that are embarking on their journey this year !

Sincerely,

Angela 

Edited by Angelena092402
  • Like 15

I love the amount of positivity in this thread. It's such an arduous process to apply to PA school. Everything that lead up to your CASPA submission is daunting. The countless hours spent studying for tests to complete all the pre requisites plus additional hours spent at work and shadowing/volunteering. It's a long journey, one that shouldn't stop after a rejection. I strongly encourage all of you to push forward. All it takes is one acceptance. I am humbled by everything shared on this forum and I greatly appreciate all that was shared here. 

With all that being said, push forward! If being a PA is your dream don't ever stop from trying to achieve that goal. Use your experiences and passion to further fuel your desire to become a PA. This year has been one of the worst years of our lives, yet one shining moment that can be recollected is our abilities to push forward despite the challenges we were all faced with. You got this! You made it this far, don't stop!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, biopsyd said:

Sincerely,

Discouraged 😔

You are so close to accomplishing your goal! Don’t give up. You obviously have a fabulous application because you got an interview. My suggestion would be to prepare yourself now to submit your next application immediately after CASPA opens in the spring. That could be all it takes—getting an early consideration with one more year’s experience, and showing how much you want it. 

• Like 1

Guest ahearrell

Any other late-submitters receive a call from their advisor today regarding outstanding application items? I am probably looking for answers through a purely administrative interaction. Lol

Just now, ahearrell said:

Any other late-submitters receive a call from their advisor today regarding outstanding application items? I am probably looking for answers through a purely administrative interaction. Lol

I did! I had two pending classes, biochemistry and microbiology. I finally sent my grade for biochemistry. I need to finish micro and send the final grade by October 1st. 
Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Guest ahearrell
4 minutes ago, lorenallc said:

I did! I had two pending classes, biochemistry and microbiology. I finally sent my grade for biochemistry. I need to finish micro and send the final grade by October 1st. 
Fingers crossed!

Yes, fingers crossed! I overnighted my micro transcript since it was completed on the 14th. Now it is in CASPA’s hands to get it processed by 10/1. Good luck to you!

Just now, ahearrell said:

Yes, fingers crossed! I overnighted my micro transcript since it was completed on the 14th. Now it is in CASPA’s hands to get it processed by 10/1. Good luck to you!

I’m sure it will. I sent my biochemistry transcripts on Tuesday, from UNE (regular priority usps), CASPA received it on Thursday. My counselor was able to verify the grade almost immediately. That made me believe that they will have your grade as soon as you receive the email from caspa.

BTW: UNE is in Maine and CASPA is in NY. 
I sent one to myself and I received it today (FL).

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:37 PM, VicBH said:

I also just received the acceptance call! Feeling extremely grateful...I can’t wait to meet all those already in the cohort! Best wishes for good news to everyone still waiting to hear something!! 🤞🤞

Congratulations!! I received my email interview invite yesterday and im so excited, yet so nervous! How'd your interview go!?

To those that didn't get accepted don't give up and keep pushing to make yourself stand out from the crowd. 

For the people who are going to interview here soon, congrats. For those looking for a little advice here is a good video on some basic interview tips. It's by a fire/medic that does mostly humor videos but his advice is spot on for professional interviews. A little adaptation is needed for a school interview but you'll get the point. 

5 interview tips

• Like 3

Well Everyone, it’s official I didn’t make it. No rejection letter yet, but, despite my best effort,  I couldn’t finish my Biochem (UNE) in time.  
I just finished last night but the transcripts won’t make it by tomorrow. I Knew I needed a few Extra days to study for the final, so it put me out of the window. At least I finished with a 93 (missed that hard A by 0.4 points) in 7.5 weeks.
Good luck out there everyone. 

• Like 1

Guest ahearrell
2 hours ago, KaylenE said:

I submitted my application on the deadline, I know this is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone else submitted on the deadline of 9/1 and heard anything back yet?

I submitted on August 27. My advisor told me that it could be 4 to 5 weeks, so you should hear something this week or next assuming that it was verified and marked as under review.

Edited by ahearrell

1 hour ago, ahearrell said:

I submitted on August 27. My advisor told me that it could be 4 to 5 weeks, so you should hear something this week or next assuming that it was verified and marked as under review.

Hi guys! I submitted my application on 08/30, verified/under review 08/31 and got an interview invite about 20 minutes ago. Hope you guys get an invite soon 🙂

• Like 3