2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hello everyone! 
I’m  not applying to Yale but am curious about the time line Woth the online program, specific to this year. How many do they Take? What’s an average gap? Is there a secondary. Basically what’s the normal drill with Yale?  Do they announce yes or no right away. For example, if you had an interview last Tuesday. 
thank you and best of luck

23 hours ago, Nomnia said:

Hello everyone! 
I’m  not applying to Yale but am curious about the time line Woth the online program, specific to this year. How many do they Take? What’s an average gap? Is there a secondary. Basically what’s the normal drill with Yale?  Do they announce yes or no right away. For example, if you had an interview last Tuesday. 

This cohort is planned to accept 72. They do rolling admissions with roughly a 4 week cycle of interviews and acceptances starting after the June 1st early admissions deadline. I believe everyone who has been accepted so far has been accepted within a couple of weeks of interviewing. I don't think anyone that was waitlisted has been accepted, I have heard of a few on here that have been rejected after being waitlisted.

1 hour ago, jamierah said:

This cohort is planned to accept 72. They do rolling admissions with roughly a 4 week cycle of interviews and acceptances starting after the June 1st early admissions deadline. I believe everyone who has been accepted so far has been accepted within a couple of weeks of interviewing. I don't think anyone that was waitlisted has been accepted, I have heard of a few on here that have been rejected after being waitlisted.

Wow! This was so great. Thank you very much 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, Nomnia said:

Hello everyone! 

They do CASPA. The cycle always starts at the end of April. There is a specific primary deadline which changes for each school. Yale's Primary deadline is Sept. 1st. Some schools also have an early deadline which was I believe May 1st. I am not sure EXACTLY how it works. I believe that it is a first round of reviews. If you get your application in before the early deadline then you will get reviewed and have a possible interview. The first set of applications are reviewed/given interviews/accepted/denied. Then, all of the interviews after that up to September 1st are interviewed/accepted/denied on a ROLLING basis. This means that they review applications/send interviews when they receive them. They do not wait until a certain date, like September 1st, and then just review all of them at once. The primary application is them reviewing your CASPA application. The secondary application consists of questions they ask you on the CASPA application that you must respond to. If they like you, they will send you an interview request. They are accepting up to 72 applicants this cycle. If they like a person after an interview they will accept. They may NOT fill up the class. If there are 70 applicants currently accepted and they had 10 people left that just interviewed, they could accept two more of them to make it 72, or if they do not want to accept any of the 10 it will stay at 70. I believe the last two cycles accepted 60, then 64, now its 72. I believe they are slowly increasing the amount each year. There is usually a few weeks after they review your primary (which is also the secondary application) until you get denied or given an interview. After a set of interviews there is a webinar conducted which interviewees are encouraged to go to. The people are given the answer whether they are accepted/denied I believe UP to a few weeks later after the webinar. Could be a few days, could be 2-3 weeks.

My advice to you for next cycle: EXCEED the basic requirements of the GPA and hours. Also, apply the FIRST DAY.

Good luck.

Ryan

45 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

Anyone heard anything this week from this recent round of interviews? I got two requests to join the Facebook group yesterday but they didn’t answer membership questions so I’m not sure if they’re in the right group. If this is you please send me a message so I can approve you! ❤️ 

Hello. I interviewed this recent round of interviews on the 12th. The interviewers said they are going to send out decisions after the webinar which is on 10/29. The people who want to join probably just want to join.

Guest ahearrell
1 hour ago, Kikime06 said:

Anyone heard anything this week from this recent round of interviews? I got two requests to join the Facebook group yesterday but they didn’t answer membership questions so I’m not sure if they’re in the right group. If this is you please send me a message so I can approve you! ❤️ 

Hi! They are still in process of conducting interviews. The post-interview session is next week. I suppose that offers could have been sent to people on the waitlist, though.

2 hours ago, Jennez said:

Will there be another round of interviews after this one? Wondering if this is the last one...I feel like they had an extra week or two of interviews this round.

It think it is their last interview session. I thought I read somewhere that they wanted to fill their class by Nov 1st. but that's just second hand information. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jennez said:

I have been wondering the same thing 🙂

I received an email this morning asking if I wanted to keep my spot on the waitlist. This is all I’ve heard from them. 😫🤞🏻🙏🏻 Such a rollercoaster of emotions! I know they will make acceptance calls next week for the last round of interviews, but it looks like all seats are almost full. Still hopeful for pulling a few off the waitlist...

4 minutes ago, Jennez said:

I received an email this morning asking if I wanted to keep my spot on the waitlist. This is all I’ve heard from them. 😫🤞🏻🙏🏻 Such a rollercoaster of emotions! I know they will make acceptance calls next week for the last round of interviews, but it looks like all seats are almost full. Still hopeful for pulling a few off the waitlist...

Ahh Same!! My heart almost came out of my chest before I realized what it was for 😭 lol. Hopefully we are able to get off of the waitlist! 

Edited by Mimi2019
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 5:09 PM, jamierah said:

Thank you. 

To all those still waiting on a decision, the next few days will surely feel grueling and arduous as we all remain hopeful for good news. I just want to say we should all be very proud of how far we have come and that all of our efforts have not been in vein regardless of this (or next) weeks outcome. We have all, in many different ways, been of service to our communities and have been constantly improving ourselves and learning from each experience.

As I type these words, I too am taking deeps breaths and reminding myself that every process teaches us different lessons - lessons that will ultimately help us as future PAs.

Good luck everyone!!

• Like 5