2020-2021 Application cycle!

6 minutes ago, janemoe said:

It took me a while to say this; I'm still taking it in. I got accepted today!! It is a dream come true. I got the call this afternoon. Interviewed 9/2. You guys, this school is unmatched. I just wanted to update you all. I wish everyone the best. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm rooting for you all.

Ahhh! It’s so exciting to hear the process has truly begunnnn.

congratulations, you deserve it! I can’t wait to read the rest of the amazing news from everybody else!! 

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, janemoe said:

It took me a while to say this; I'm still taking it in. I got accepted today!! It is a dream come true. I got the call this afternoon. Interviewed 9/2. You guys, this school is unmatched. I just wanted to update you all. I wish everyone the best. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm rooting for you all.

That's so awesome that you heard back so quickly. Congratulations!! What an incredible feeling!

6 hours ago, nathang said:

What are your stats? When did you apply? In state or out of state?

I applied in May. Im an out of state applicant Out-of-state applicant, I did live in florida for a couple years though. cGPA:3.3 SGPA: 3.7   TBH I really liked this program becaause they WERE NOT picky about the numbers. The admissions board seemed more interesed in me as person and making sure I was a good fit for their program. They obviously do look to make sure you can be successful in their program, but your character seemed to be what they cared about the most. IDK if thats just my opnion so take that with a grain of salt! 

Edited by bucka2016
  • Like 1

Guest wildalaska

When you all sent in your requested documents ahead of your interviews, did you get any sort of confirmation that the program received them? I had been asked for a few updates/documents prior to receiving an interview invite and never got confirmation emails back, so I wasn't exactly expecting one for the interview documents, but now I'm paranoid lol!

2 hours ago, wildalaska said:

When you all sent in your requested documents ahead of your interviews, did you get any sort of confirmation that the program received them? I had been asked for a few updates/documents prior to receiving an interview invite and never got confirmation emails back, so I wasn't exactly expecting one for the interview documents, but now I'm paranoid lol!

I only received a reply bc I had said something in the email along with the attachment, but no confirmation! You should be good, Ms Kays is receiving a bunch of emails on top of reviewing applications! Best of wishes to you 🙂 

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, Jdw21 said:

Does anyone know how often they interview? Mine is Oct 12/13th so I was curious when the next session was after the ones last week 

My interview is scheduled for September 14th and 15th, so I think they do interviews every two weeks until December-ish.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, bucka2016 said:

I'm still shook, but I was accpted today! I interviewed 9/1. I was blown away by the orientation and will definitley be accepting, let know if you have any questions!

I also was accepted 9/3 after interviewing 9/1! The orientation was absolutely incredible and after attending a few other interviews previously I’ve never been more impressed!! Cannot wait to be a gator!  

• Like 4

Guest wildalaska
2 hours ago, AbbieMontgomery said:

I also was accepted 9/3 after interviewing 9/1! The orientation was absolutely incredible and after attending a few other interviews previously I’ve never been more impressed!! Cannot wait to be a gator!  

Congratulations!! All of you posting are making me even more excited to interview in just over a week. Fingers crossed!

Edited by wildalaska

4 minutes ago, jam999 said:

Does anyone know if you don’t hear back after an interview if that means you will likely be rejected in December unless those accepted do not accept the offer? 

From what I understood at orientation is that those accepted the weekend after the interview were considered “early acceptance” and only 2-3 candidates per interview session will get this. (I also remember them saying they will have 7 total interview sessions) I also understood that they will continue to call and accept people from all the different interview dates up until mid December. So if you interviewed in September you could get accepted anytime from then until mid December. That was my understanding. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, moldyflower7 said:

From what I understood at orientation is that those accepted the weekend after the interview were considered “early acceptance” and only 2-3 candidates per interview session will get this. (I also remember them saying they will have 7 total interview sessions) I also understood that they will continue to call and accept people from all the different interview dates up until mid December. So if you interviewed in September you could get accepted anytime from then until mid December. That was my understanding. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong. 

Basically spot on, they also said there will be a week in October when they send out a few additionall offers as well. 

11 hours ago, moldyflower7 said:

Having to wait in limbo until December would be tough. Especially if you got into a school that starts in January. 

Edited by Jdw21

22 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

I have literally heard NOTHING since submitting my application June 4th. Is it reasonable to ask for an update at this point? 

Considering you received a confirmation email then your app is “under review.” So if you email them, I feel as if you will get a standardized reply. You should def check out their info session this Friday and ask then. I know this waiting process is tedious, we’re alll going through it, but don’t let it take over your life. Find some hobbies that make you youuu to distract you from all of this while continuing to accrue hours for PA school. Feel free to message me if you want to vent/express some more. Best wishes 😊

Guest wildalaska
On 9/4/2020 at 6:29 AM, bucka2016 said:

I applied in May. Im an out of state applicant Out-of-state applicant, I did live in florida for a couple years though. cGPA:3.3 SGPA: 3.7   TBH I really liked this program becaause they WERE NOT picky about the numbers. The admissions board seemed more interesed in me as person and making sure I was a good fit for their program. They obviously do look to make sure you can be successful in their program, but your character seemed to be what they cared about the most. IDK if thats just my opnion so take that with a grain of salt! 

This was definitely my experience during my interview yesterday. It truly felt like a conversation and less like a strict interview. They knew everything about my CASPA, but also asked some great questions about my experiences and who I am, and I felt very confident that they looked past the hard stats and really saw us as people, and not application packets.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:28 PM, Jdw21 said:

Having to wait in limbo until December would be tough. Especially if you got into a school that starts in January. 

This is my current situation! Really hoping to hear back sooner than December! UF was my top choice before, but it is without a doubt my top choice after orientation and interviewing!

Edited by wildalaska

Guest wildalaska

I just got the call - ACCEPTED to the University of Florida PA program!! Interviewed September 14th and 15th.

I literally cannot believe it, I am still in shock. I will definitely be attending. So excited to be a Gator PA!!

4 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

I just got the call - ACCEPTED to the University of Florida PA program!! Interviewed September 14th and 15th.

I literally cannot believe it, I am still in shock. I will definitely be attending. So excited to be a Gator PA!!

That’s so amazing. I’ve been watching you all over these forums and you definitely deserved a spot!! Congratulations!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Congratulations! 
I totally forgot to ask who was in the forum when we were at orientation on Monday! What a relief for you!

• Like 1