2019-2020 cycle

Does anyone know when we would find out about an acceptance?!

Looking for advice from someone that is familiar with the program.. I got an invite but have already made a deposit at a school where I am from which starts in a few months. I was very interested in SM's program and am excited to receive an interview, but it is more expensive than the school I have made my deposit at and I already found a roommate. Anyone have any insight on if it is worth it for me to buy an expensive flight out to see how I like the interview? My main concern is the probationary status and the higher tuition, but I otherwise wanted to go to SM over the other choice. I wish I had known earlier... feeling so confused now. 😞 

Edited by bstevenson

1 hour ago, bstevenson said:

Looking for advice from someone that is familiar with the program.. I got an invite but have already made a deposit at a school where I am from which starts in a few months. I was very interested in SM's program and am excited to receive an interview, but it is more expensive than the school I have made my deposit at and I already found a roommate. Anyone have any insight on if it is worth it for me to buy an expensive flight out to see how I like the interview? My main concern is the probationary status and the higher tuition, but I otherwise wanted to go to SM over the other choice. I wish I had known earlier... feeling so confused now. 😞 

book your ticket thru skyscanner.com you have a good chance of acceptance they waitlist a lot of people its a good program

6 hours ago, bstevenson said:

Hey there! Current student in the SMU program. Let me answer your first question: a good amount of us heard back before March. I got my call 2 weeks after I interviewed, but by March most people knew. I can say that the interview process here is well worth your time. We spend all day with you to get to know you, and it is a great opportunity for you to ask all the questions you want! 

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself: will you regret it if you don't do this? Only you can make that decision. Hope this helps! And congrats on getting an interview. PM me if you have any questions about this program! 

23 hours ago, bstevenson said:

Congrats everyone today who is at an interview and congrats to all who have an interview coming up! That is a huge step right there! I can remember when I interviewed and how nervous I was but then got to SMU and everyone was so welcoming. It was unlike any other interview I went on during the time I applied and I truly chose SMU after the interview day.

Like I have said in a previous post, I am not worried about the academic probation. Many schools and many good schools go on probation. I would spend the money and the time to do the interview if you will regret not going. Plus then you can really make your decision after that! I found out about 1-2 weeks after my interview day at SMU that I was accepted. Once I found out I retracted all my applications from other schools. So it is really just your own personal choice but I would at least attempt to go to the interview and see if SMU is the right fit for you!

Good luck everyone! Just be yourselves and you will do great! 

Hi!! I also received an interview invite and will be interviewing 1/25. Looking forward to meeting everyone and am wishing everyone interviewing today luck. 

I was hopeful and wondering if anyone is able to share insight on what the video essay includes and how best to prepare for this portion of the interview?

I have not yet experienced a video essay and of course I am so excited for the opportunity to interview but I would lying if I also denied how nervous I am! 

Thanks

I will be interviewing on 1/25.

Flying in the day before, going to do a little site seeing to calm my nerves. I am traveling from Maine.

I am very excited and super anxious. I have interviewed at other schools and It almost seems like I become a complete nervous wreck during my interviews, which is not like me at all. I work for several ambulance services and never have an issue under the pressures of making clinical decisions under duress or talking to complete strangers. Interviewing for PA school is just a huge game changer where the people who are sitting across from you essentially decide if I get to do what I'm passionate about or not. Unfortunately this makes me look like I am awful under pressure.

I see that someone has mentioned that the interview process is not like any other school they have interviewed and I am looking forward to that!

Good luck to everyone and see those of you interviewing on 1/25 soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, physioislife said:

So the email States it is from 0800 until 1700. Does anyone know if it truly lasts that long? I am trying to book a return flight with enough time to get back to the airport without rushing. 

Thanks 

Current student here: I interviewed last year and got done around 4:30/4:45 and flew out of Oakland airport around 6:00 I believe? It was “tight” but I made it and had plenty of time even after getting turned around at the airport. I brought my suitcase with me to the interview as well and was able to put it in a closet until I needed it which was very helpful! I would say to make sure you’re safe do a time closer to 7:00 because traffic is unpredictable and it’s better to be safe than sorry!

• Like 1