2019-2020 cycle

Hello everyone!

It was so nice meeting some of you yesterday during our first interview round! This forum was extremely helpful when I was applying to PA school last cycle, and I hope that I can pass on the help I received during the process. I'm currently a first year, so feel free to dm me or tag me if you have any questions. Happy to help!

GOOD LUCK!

-Skye

p.s. oh hey @NicoleJo 😍

Edited by skyee
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:51 PM, physioislife said:

So the email States it is from 0800 until 1700. Does anyone know if it truly lasts that long? I am trying to book a return flight with enough time to get back to the airport without rushing. 

Thanks 

I interviewed this Saturday, and we were done a little before 4 pm. Can't guarantee it won't be a little longer for you, but I'd be surprised if it were much shorter. They break you into small groups and you cycle through rotations with your small group. There were about 6 activities, each about an hour long, and then there was lunch in between (they provided lunch, and a light breakfast) and transition time between each activity.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I interviewed at Samuel Merritt University this past weekend (1/18) and I can honestly say that SMU's program is now my top choice after meeting the incredibly kind and personable current students and staff. This program seems excellent.

Upcoming interviewees, you guys are in for a treat! It's definitely normal to be nervous. Trust me, I was extremely nervous (voice shaking A LOT) but it's a very relaxed process and they just want to get to know YOU. So be yourself and enjoy the experience! 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, skyee said:

Hello everyone!

It was so nice meeting some of you yesterday during our first interview round! This forum was extremely helpful when I was applying to PA school last cycle, and I hope that I can pass on the help I received during the process. I'm currently a first year, so feel free to dm me or tag me if you have any questions. Happy to help!

GOOD LUCK!

-Skye

p.s. oh hey @NicoleJo 😍

Hi!! I was wondering what the video essay entailed/what the format was? I’ve just never done one at an interview and I’m curious! I’ll be at the 2/1 interview, so excited and nervous!

4 hours ago, gobears95 said:

Hello everyone!

I interviewed at Samuel Merritt University this past weekend (1/18) and I can honestly say that SMU's program is now my top choice after meeting the incredibly kind and personable current students and staff. This program seems excellent.

Upcoming interviewees, you guys are in for a treat! It's definitely normal to be nervous. Trust me, I was extremely nervous (voice shaking A LOT) but it's a very relaxed process and they just want to get to know YOU. So be yourself and enjoy the experience! 

That is great to hear! I am interviewing this Saturday and am super excited! I was wondering if there was a pizza social/gathering the night before? I keep hearing talk of this, but have not received any information. I checked my junk mail as well. Just trying to plan accordingly! Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbyorl said:

Hi!! I was wondering what the video essay entailed/what the format was? I’ve just never done one at an interview and I’m curious! I’ll be at the 2/1 interview, so excited and nervous!

Hello and congratulations!! 
I would looooove to indulge and spill the beans, but ultimately it wouldn’t be fair to those who have come before you! Simply put, I can’t really explain to you what that portion of the interview is about because it’s a bit of a surprise. That being said, I really think you’ll enjoy the interview process! I’m very excited for you and I hope you end up falling in love with SMU like my cohort did!

Edited by skyee
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:45 PM, gobears95 said:

Hello everyone!

I also interviewed 1/18 and I couldn’t agree more!

10 hours ago, RubyV said:

Does anyone know if they are still sending out invites? I haven't heard anything.

I don't feel like they are sending out anymore interviews. I just interviewed on 1/25. Perhaps if someone doesn't take the interview for 2/1 then they may send out some late interview emails. Only way to be certain is to contact SMU or play the waiting game and hope for the best. Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinaf said:

I am interviewing on 2/1 also and haven't gotten anything about a pizza social...

They will send an email for the pizza social a few days prior to your interview date. My interview date was 1/25 and they sent it on 1/22. They also said to make sure to check your spam mail. The pizza social was held the day prior to the interview. They showed us the room where it was located when we did the campus tour. I didn't end up making it to the social but heard good things about it. Best of luck on your interview! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ninjahmc said:

They will send an email for the pizza social a few days prior to your interview date. My interview date was 1/25 and they sent it on 1/22. They also said to make sure to check your spam mail. The pizza social was held the day prior to the interview. They showed us the room where it was located when we did the campus tour. I didn't end up making it to the social but heard good things about it. Best of luck on your interview! 

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye out for the email this week. Do you know what time roughly it started? I might need to leave work early to attend and want to let my boss know.