2019-2020 cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, Joemonkey said:

Hi, 

i recently submitted my app for SMU. I thought I’d start a threat for applicants to talk about the application process. 

Joe

Submitted my application back in May myself. Are you from California/did you apply to other schools in CA?

On 7/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, Joemonkey said:

Hi, 

yes, I am from California. I also applied to Touro and csumb. What about you?

I'm from NY, applied to UC Davis, SCUHS, and MBKU. Applied to a bunch more on the east coast as well! Looking forward to hearing back from them. I haven't received any email from them though regarding my application even being received. Have you gotten anything? 

Hi everyone! Just getting ready to submit my application to Samuel Merritt University. One of the supplemental questions asks for their core values. I have looked everywhere on their web-site for that information, but have not been able to find them. Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks!

19 hours ago, ShortyMedic said:

Hi everyone! Just getting ready to submit my application to Samuel Merritt University. One of the supplemental questions asks for their core values. I have looked everywhere on their web-site for that information, but have not been able to find them. Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks!

You can find the core values by going to SMU’s website and in the search bar typing in “core values”. It’s the first link, but if you are still having troubles they are listed as:

• Interpersonal/Interprofessional Communication
  • Teamwork
  • Critical Thinking
  • Patient Interaction/Professional Exposure
  • Responsibility
  • Patient Contact
  • Technical Skill
  • Medical Knowledge

Best of luck!

Edited by NicoleJo

On 7/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, NicoleJo said:

You can find the core values by going to SMU’s website and in the search bar typing in “core values”. It’s the first link, but if you are still having troubles they are listed as:

• Interpersonal/Interprofessional Communication
  • Teamwork
  • Critical Thinking
  • Patient Interaction/Professional Exposure
  • Responsibility
  • Patient Contact
  • Technical Skill
  • Medical Knowledge

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your help on this Nicole!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hopefully1DayPAc said:

They spoke about the status and when they will be hopefully reinstated continued by 2021. They are still accredited, just on probation for data/wording/communication methods represented on the site.

As for the Fresno’s campus it’s off the table until they are back to continued accreditation. The students who were accepted to Fresno (25) will have a lottery system for openings in Oakland. And those who aren’t selected for the lottery will be honored their acceptance to defer in 2020 with students who will be accepted from this cycle . As for how many Fresno students will take up the 44 seats in Oakland they did not give us a number. But it does lessen the chances of one of us being admitted for this cycle.  I don’t believe they mentioned how many seats are vacant for Oakland and I am unsure about the waitlisted students who gets ultimately first preference for September 2019 start.

They addressed the low PANCE scores due to students being rushed by employers to be certified, not adequately preparing, new test/pass criteria. 2 students were off my 1-2 points and would have ultimately passed the old pance but the new test as a cutoff score of 350. 

Thank you for sharing this! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 1:19 PM, deltaformation3 said:

Have you all received a confirmation email? I realized I've received a confirmation email from every school I've applied to except SMU...

Accepted applicant from last cycle here! I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail from SMU until 8/8/18 after submitting my app May 31. I didn’t receive an interview invitation until December 27th where I was able to choose between the three interview dates that were offered on Jan 19, 26, and Feb 2. I interviewed Jan 19 and was sent my acceptance Feb 21.

I know waiting is dreadful but SMU does things a lot later than other schools so just try and have some patience! 

Good luck guys!

• Like 4

On 7/30/2019 at 8:09 AM, Hopefully1DayPAc said:

They spoke about the status and when they will be hopefully reinstated continued by 2021. They are still accredited, just on probation for data/wording/communication methods represented on the site.

As for the Fresno’s campus it’s off the table until they are back to continued accreditation. The students who were accepted to Fresno (25) will have a lottery system for openings in Oakland. And those who aren’t selected for the lottery will be honored their acceptance to defer in 2020 with students who will be accepted from this cycle . As for how many Fresno students will take up the 44 seats in Oakland they did not give us a number. But it does lessen the chances of one of us being admitted for this cycle.  I don’t believe they mentioned how many seats are vacant for Oakland and I am unsure about the waitlisted students who gets ultimately first preference for September 2019 start.

They addressed the low PANCE scores due to students being rushed by employers to be certified, not adequately preparing, new test/pass criteria. 2 students were off my 1-2 points and would have ultimately passed the old pance but the new test as a cutoff score of 350. 

From the arc-pa.org site:

image.png.d5490b82adce6a95af242e2ad82d0ff7.png

- I tried emailing/calling to get more information about seat availability at the main campus given that some of the previously accepted Fresno students will be incorporated into the upcoming class (max class size reduced to 38). No replies to emails, and no one picks up the phone. Does anyone have any additional info? The radio silence is not inspiring much confidence..

Edited by Cashmerecat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1