Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, jyk38pa said:

Hi, thank you so much! I just waited until they contacted me with a date. I wouldn’t be too worried since they’re probably just sorting out the date for everyone. You have the interview request so your interview date should be coming along very soon! 🙂 Best of luck to you when you do interview. 

Awesome, thank you!! And best of luck to you too!! 🙂

20 minutes ago, jbraimah said:

Hey guys, I also got an interview invite last week but not a date yet. I’m not sure what’s going on.The email said I would receive another email with my date. Still nothing yet though. Should I be worried?

Don't worry, I thought the same thing. Just wait it out, we got the interview invite so we will receive a date soon 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyc9009 said:

Can you guys post your timeline?

I was verified June 6th by CASPA and received confirmation from Rutgers the same day. 

But I still have not heard anything from them since. 

This is actually a sign of relief for me. Hopefully it will be for you as well. I applied the exact same time as you, and haven’t heard anything. Maybe they’re just still reviewing applications from before us! 

11 minutes ago, Sarahf1234 said:

Received a confirmation email 6/13 that my application was received. Seems like a lot of people got emails for interviews within 1-2 weeks. Haven't heard back yet and starting to lose hope. Anyone else in the same boat?

I submitted and was verified 6/6 and haven’t heard back.  I wouldn’t worry to much. Seems like everyone who submitted early June is still waiting to hear back an answer. Don’t lose hope! It’s still really early

Hey everyone! From ya'lls experience, how likely is it that someone with a GPA lower than the required minimum who writes a letter explaining the circumstance would get an interview to this school? Assuming strong credentials in other areas. Thank you!

12 hours ago, srf23 said:

Hey everyone! From ya'lls experience, how likely is it that someone with a GPA lower than the required minimum who writes a letter explaining the circumstance would get an interview to this school? Assuming strong credentials in other areas. Thank you!

Hi! I got accepted two cycles ago with a 3.35 cGPA and 3.11 sGPA and wrote the circumstances essay. In my own personal experience, the school really is sincere about considering applicants despite a lower GPA if they adequately explain themselves, so I think the essay is worth writing. I hope that helps!

• Like 3

Just received my offer for interview. No date yet but relieved that I made it to the next round. 

Have to look up my stats real quick but I can tell you that I have my Bachelors and masters in athletic training. I’ve been practicing for 5 years now. I have over 5,000 in PC hours. Over 3,000 in HC hours. 

Ive been in the field of medicine since I was 16. 

Hope to hear that some of you were offered interviews today as well! I was crying at the grocery store when I read my email. Best of luck to you all! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmendez1 said:

Just received my offer for interview. No date yet but relieved that I made it to the next round. 

Have to look up my stats real quick but I can tell you that I have my Bachelors and masters in athletic training. I’ve been practicing for 5 years now. I have over 5,000 in PC hours. Over 3,000 in HC hours. 

Ive been in the field of medicine since I was 16. 

Hope to hear that some of you were offered interviews today as well! I was crying at the grocery store when I read my email. Best of luck to you all! 

Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you! 🙏

2 hours ago, srf23 said:

Hey ya'll! Another question -- for the questions on CASPA it says that the responses should be no more than 200 words but it allows you to put in 2000 characters (which can be more than 200 words). What did ya'll do about this?

I think your talking about the supplemental application. Honestly, I just wrote as much as it took me to complete the question thoroughly. I didn’t count how many words. I wanted to keep it short, sweet, and to the point. They have so many applicants that I didn’t want to drag on my answers. Hope that helps you! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1