Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, PA9612 said:

Have you heard anything from Rutgers yet?

I got an email requesting supplemental payment, one with confirmation of supplemental, and then a confirmation that my application is being processed - all within two days of CASPA verification

5 hours ago, Leah37 said:

I got an email requesting supplemental payment, one with confirmation of supplemental, and then a confirmation that my application is being processed - all within two days of CASPA verification

Same here! Rutgers is my top choice. Hope I make it in! What are your stats?

11 minutes ago, PA9612 said:

Same here! Rutgers is my top choice. Hope I make it in! What are your stats?

3.5 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA (4.0 last two years for both)

317 GRE (156 verbal, 161 quant, 4.5 writing)

1748 PCE hours, about 1200 paid at a free clinic and the rest volunteer at a nursing home

9840 HCE hours performing gene therapy research (current job)

2790 leadership hours from being a biology club president in undergrad and coaching softball

360 research hours that were not medical

152+ shadowing hours (mostly PA)

142 non-medical volunteer hours

LOR - one from a PA, one from a professor I did research with/had classes with, and one from my lab PI

First-time applicant and I am super super nervous about my application, specifically my GPA and PCE hours. 

2 hours ago, Leah37 said:

3.5 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA (4.0 last two years for both)

317 GRE (156 verbal, 161 quant, 4.5 writing)

1748 PCE hours, about 1200 paid at a free clinic and the rest volunteer at a nursing home

9840 HCE hours performing gene therapy research (current job)

2790 leadership hours from being a biology club president in undergrad and coaching softball

360 research hours that were not medical

152+ shadowing hours (mostly PA)

142 non-medical volunteer hours

LOR - one from a PA, one from a professor I did research with/had classes with, and one from my lab PI

First-time applicant and I am super super nervous about my application, specifically my GPA and PCE hours. 

Wow, that’s impressive! I’m a first time applicant as well and I’m very nervous too.

9 minutes ago, Leah37 said:

We are our own worst critics. I just hope schools can see me as a whole package rather than numbers. 

Are your stats similar?

3.88cGPA, 3.8sGPA, did 2 minors(chem and Spanish).

Over 4000 Hours of PCE, over 600 hours of HCE(current job). Worked as a CNA, CMA and Phlebotomist

55 hours of research, was involved in campus activities (medical sciences club(president), Spanish club(Vice President), 3 choirs, theatre, etc.

40 shadowing hours(family Med, pediatric pulmonology and cystic fibrosis, pediatric ortho and dermatology) and over 300 hours of volunteering in both medical and non medical.

Im so nervous since it’s my first time applying. I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope we get in!

Edited by PA9612

1 minute ago, PA9612 said:

3.88cGPA, 3.8sGPA, did 2 minors(chem and Spanish).

Over 4000 Hours of PCE, over 600 hours of HCE(current job). Worked as a CNA, CMA and Phlebotomist

55 hours of research, was involved in campus activities (medical sciences club(president), Spanish club(Vice President), 3 choirs, theatre, etc.

40 shadowing hours and over 300 hours of volunteering in both medical and non medical.

Im so nervous since it’s my first time applying. I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope we get in!

Oh, you'll be fine!!

On 5/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, Tua43244 said:

Submitted, Verified, Confirmation 5/23

Interview Invite E-mail (no date/time yet) 5/28

Hey did you receive a date/time yet?

I just got an invitation as well! Was wondering if I should ask or just wait for the email for date/time lol

Good luck to you !!

22 hours ago, PAtobe2846 said:

Yes please, share your stats. And Congrats to all who have received and interview invitation!

On 5/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, Leah37 said:

Congrats to each of you that got an interview!! Would any of you mind sharing your stats?

thank you!

I have a 3.74 overall GPA, 3.68 science GPA

600 hours PCE (CNA and PT aide) and 180 HCE (hospital volunteer and shadowing)

600 hours leadership (president of student org)

150 community service

and LORs from a 2 professors, one is a PA, the PA I shadowed and the PT I worked with. 

idk my PCE is not that much since I just started my job in december as a CNA but I feel super lucky to have gotten an interview! good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Hey all,

Heres my time line. Applied 5/17/19. Got an interview request on 6/1/19. Here are my stats

cGPA - 3.6

sGPA - 3.49

GRE - 310

PCE - 575

HCE - 7000+ (pharmacy tech and research)

Shadowing - 140 hours. 70 from PA in 9 different Specialties

Here's hoping the interview goes well. Good luck everyone!

Edited by mmerca15

Hi everyone! I'm new here and want to share my parts as well. (Also all of you guys stats are so impressive! I have no doubt you will make it in!)

sGPA: 3.34

cGPA: 3.36

GRE: 302

PCE: 1600

HCE: 700 

Shadowing PA and MD: 30-50 hours 

Community services: about 200 hours 

I got an invitation on 5/31 but I haven't gotten a specific date too. I emailed them again last Friday but I haven't hear back yet. Glad to hear that I am not the only one in this situation as well.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, crisnar said:

Hey did you receive a date/time yet?

I just got an invitation as well! Was wondering if I should ask or just wait for the email for date/time lol

Good luck to you !!

Hi! Congrat on your invitation! I am in the same boat as well. I emailed them again last Friday but I haven't hear back yet.  😞