Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

21 hours ago, Kdrake75 said:

Hi everyone!  Did anyone with interviews receive this e-mail first? And if yes: how long did it take for you to hear from them again?

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

I'm taking this as a good thing since I didn't have a science of 3.2 (but my Master GPA is a 3.86) so I take it they accepted my letter and are overlooking that I don't have the minimum requirements!

I got this email on 7/31 and was wondering the same thing! I submit my application really late (verified 7/11) and wasn't really expecting to hear anything back so this gives me some hope.

22 hours ago, Kdrake75 said:

Hi everyone!  Did anyone with interviews receive this e-mail first? And if yes: how long did it take for you to hear from them again?

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

I'm taking this as a good thing since I didn't have a science of 3.2 (but my Master GPA is a 3.86) so I take it they accepted my letter and are overlooking that I don't have the minimum requirements!

I submitted and was verified the 2nd week of June and have yet to hear anything from Rutgers. Is this a bad sign?

On 8/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, Kdrake75 said:

When did you submit? 

9 hours ago, Ambernamber6 said:

I heard Rutgers has a writing assignment during their interviews, does anyone have any info or tips on how to prepare for that? Also, do you guys know what the style of interviews Rutgers does? MMI format, panel, or individual? 

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

I wouldn't call it a writing assignment. There are three short answer questions that require no preparation. The interview is 20-30 min long and it is pretty casual. Its an individual interview but you will be facing three faculty members.

• Like 1

For those who have interviewed, how comprehensive would you say the interview is?

Like how many questions did they ask you? I've now experienced two types; one was very short (asked maybe 4 questions, very shallow ~10 min long) and just had another that was at least 20 questions ~40 min long very in depth. 

Thank you! I believe Rutgers is a great school and would like to know their interview dynamic

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SciMed13 said:

For those who have interviewed, how comprehensive would you say the interview is?

Like how many questions did they ask you? I've now experienced two types; one was very short (asked maybe 4 questions, very shallow ~10 min long) and just had another that was at least 20 questions ~40 min long very in depth. 

Thank you! I believe Rutgers is a great school and would like to know their interview dynamic

I’m the email it says it’s 30 minutes long so I’m thinking it’s in depth!

• Like 1