Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Just now, PA4255 said:

They sent me this:

Thank you for joining us on campus for your interview day. The Admissions Committee is still in the interview process of the application review cycle. We anticipate completing the interviews by the end of December 2019. We will provide you with an update as early as possible.

Was this the email you got too? 

I got that email too. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

1 hour ago, ChanLI said:

Do you know or have any inclination why or what could have happened?

I think Rutgers has a fantastic program. Their faculty/student relationship is very tight knit and are fun to be around. I don't think it's rare to see some of the students hanging out with the faculty. At this point, they'll be seeing how well you will mesh with the program. They know what types of people they're looking for to build the class they want. I was able to answer all my interview questions but I believe I didn't show them how much I really wanted to be here at this program. They could tell I was applying broadly to lots of schools and that I'd be lucky to get into any school. To be honest, I was very humbled to have even received an interview invite here because of my low stats. I just couldn't see myself attending this school at the end. Wishing all of you the best of luck.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, choccymilk said:

I think Rutgers has a fantastic program. Their faculty/student relationship is very tight knit and are fun to be around. I don't think it's rare to see some of the students hanging out with the faculty. At this point, they'll be seeing how well you will mesh with the program. They know what types of people they're looking for to build the class they want. I was able to answer all my interview questions but I believe I didn't show them how much I really wanted to be here at this program. They could tell I was applying broadly to lots of schools and that I'd be lucky to get into any school. To be honest, I was very humbled to have even received an interview invite here because of my low stats. I just couldn't see myself attending this school at the end. Wishing all of you the best of luck.

I totally understand! Thank you so much for your honest insights 🙂 I wish you the very best of luck moving forward with the rest of your schools !

On 7/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, jc0863 said:

I got that email too. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I think this email is a good thing. You Didn’t get waitlisted nor rejected. I feel as if they are interested to possibly accept but not sure what decision they want to make just yet, because if you think about it if they weren't interested they would have sent a rejection without thinking twice. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  Did anyone with interviews receive this e-mail first? And if yes: how long did it take for you to hear from them again?

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

I'm taking this as a good thing since I didn't have a science of 3.2 (but my Master GPA is a 3.86) so I take it they accepted my letter and are overlooking that I don't have the minimum requirements!