Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 7/3/2019 at 12:48 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

Nope! Its been almost a month now. Definitely prepared for a rejection, but holding my head up high in hopes of other schools giving me a chance.  

Hi! This is my first time applying. I have an interview with Rutgers on 7/16 but that is my only interview so far. Is it common that if you haven't received an interview request by now that you won't get one? I feel like there is so much more time in the cycle! 

4 hours ago, laurenm15 said:

Hi! This is my first time applying. I have an interview with Rutgers on 7/16 but that is my only interview so far. Is it common that if you haven't received an interview request by now that you won't get one? I feel like there is so much more time in the cycle! 

Honestly, I only say that I’m anticipating a rejection because it seems as if people are notified within two weeks of sending in their app if the school is interested in interviewing the person. I feel as if my application is strong. I have a 3.6 overall gpa, 3.4 science, great letters, a great personal statement, lots of volunteering, Research, an internship, and about 5000+ hours of pce/hce. IMO my weakness Is my pce, since most schools consider medical lab tech to be hce and not pce. I applied mostly to schools that take my hours as a med tech. I think maybe that’s why I haven’t heard back. They’re still debating if they will except my hours maybe? Also, just started a new job as a Medical assistant and about 500 of my combined hours are accepted as typical “pce.” Like I said, I think they’re putting me on hold! 

Edited by Pagirl4023

Just now, dmendez1 said:

yupp!!!! i was speaking to someone in the program about that. they said its a good thing because i would have more chances since no seats are filled yet. nerve wrecking though.

Yeah absolutely, you'll be one of the first! I hope you do great!! When you come back can you let me know the structure of the interview and what kind of writing assignment it is?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lynn96981 said:

Yeah absolutely, you'll be one of the first! I hope you do great!! When you come back can you let me know the structure of the interview and what kind of writing assignment it is?

thanks!!! i know you will do good yourself! From what i hear its real relax. an the assignment is to see how you write. 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, dmendez1 said:
22 hours ago, dmendez1 said:

thanks!!! i know you will do good yourself! From what i hear its real relax. an the assignment is to see how you write. 

That was very fast too!! Yess! Please let us know what this writing assignment is 😯

Also, How are you all preparing for your interview btw?

On 7/3/2019 at 12:48 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

Nope! Its been almost a month now. Definitely prepared for a rejection, but holding my head up high in hopes of other schools giving me a chance.  

dont think like that! they've been emailing people w/ their rejections, so no news is sometimes good news! I've also heard after they schedule the first few weeks of interviews, they hold off inviting more for interviews until they get a feel for how many more invites they should send. it may just be that since the first round of interviews begins next week, they won't be contacting that many people until after its over. best of luck!!

hi everyone! was wondering if anyone knew the interview process for rutgers? i know the medical school was heavy on MMIs (or so a friend of mine says), but i thought the schools would tell you if there would be MMI-style interview questions? anyone know what to expect?

best of luck to everyone interviewing this week!

22 hours ago, nourcee said:

dont think like that! they've been emailing people w/ their rejections, so no news is sometimes good news! I've also heard after they schedule the first few weeks of interviews, they hold off inviting more for interviews until they get a feel for how many more invites they should send. it may just be that since the first round of interviews begins next week, they won't be contacting that many people until after its over. best of luck!!

Oh wow! I did not know that. Thanks so much for letting me know! Still hopeful that I’ll hear something good soon!

23 hours ago, nourcee said:

hi everyone! was wondering if anyone knew the interview process for rutgers? i know the medical school was heavy on MMIs (or so a friend of mine says), but i thought the schools would tell you if there would be MMI-style interview questions? anyone know what to expect?

best of luck to everyone interviewing this week!

Rutgers is not MMI style. They have an interview panel for each interviewee composed of faculty members and current students. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1