UTSW 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 10/23/2019 at 11:15 PM, ccallen5 said:

Sorry to hear it 😞 anyone know if they are still sending invites for interviews? I've neither been invited nor rejected at this point.

Same here! I haven't received a rejection or interview. Hoping that's good news. Good luck to everyone! Also, for those who did receive an interview was the information sent through email?

Best,

Lauren

Hey guys!
I have an interview next weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any tips to prepare? I know it's MMI, but is there anything y'all suggest? 

Just be yourself. I know that’s cliche, but there is really no way to prepare for it. They really just want to know how you think/ act in certain situations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/31/2019 at 4:15 PM, pbjlova said:

Hey guys!

I have an interview next weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any tips to prepare? I know it's MMI, but is there anything y'all suggest? 

Tbh, I think you can prepare for the interview.

Make sure you take time to understand the question being asked. If warranted, explore both sides of the argument, don't just say what your opinion is. 

Make your responses concise. Don't ramble on for too long. 

Maybe have some questions for the interviewers, if you have time after finishing the questions they have for you.

Watch some MMI videos so you have an idea of how you would answer questions like (why do you want to be a PA? Why not medical school? Tell us about yourself? What are your weaknesses?).

I practiced these techniques with others on this forum and received 2 acceptances this cycle.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted into another program beginning Jan 2nd. I emailed Ms. Isela Perez to try and come in contact with Ms. Campbell in order to find out if I've been accepted at UTSW, as it is my first choice school (during the interview she said we would be able to contact her and get information if we were accepted to a program beginning in Jan). Ms. Perez told me we would hear back with their decision within 7 days

• Like 1