UTSW 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, equeen said:

Got rejected just now. But I got an interview last year. Thank goodness i've already been accepted to another school.

Congrats to all those who were accepted.

Same situation! Got waitlisted last year thought I would have heard better news this year. Happy I secured a seat elsewhere. 

35 minutes ago, jkoh1 said:

Same situation! Got waitlisted last year thought I would have heard better news this year. Happy I secured a seat elsewhere. 

Isn't that crazy? I made steps to improve my application too. Would have been nice cause their school is very affordable. 

Congrats on getting into a school though!

20 minutes ago, davidgarcia105 said:

Congrats! I interviewed that session as well, just wondering if students that interviewed either August or September have heard back after the later interview dates

At my October 19th interview they said if you haven't heard back then they are going to finish interviewing the last group in November then they will hand out final acceptances and rejections. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone who's neither been rejected or invited for an interview considered reaching out to the school? I'm growing impatient but I don't want to be "that person" [emoji849]

We were told that at the 10/19 interview that the people who “rose to the top” would get acceptance calls the very next week. Anyone who didn’t receive a call would not be hearing from them until after their last interview cycle, which is on 11/9. That’s when they will make final decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, az0511 said:

We were told that at the 10/19 interview that the people who “rose to the top” would get acceptance calls the very next week. Anyone who didn’t receive a call would not be hearing from them until after their last interview cycle, which is on 11/9. That’s when they will make final decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, that's good to know. Seems like there's still a faint sliver of hope to be invited for an interview!

• Like 1