UTSW 2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Ltran2094 said:

I submitted my application 8/6  and haven't received a confirmation email..

Do I need to do anything else besides fill out CASPA?

I submitted 8/7 and I haven't either. If I don't receive one on Monday I was going to call them. Theres nothing else needed that I know of

@CanIBeAPaPlz Unsure but according to their website there's still 2 more months for interview meet and greet sessions. Let's keep our eyes on the lookout!

"Do you interview candidates for your program and what is the format?

Yes. A multiple mini-interview is conducted for the most competitive applicants to the PA program. Approximately 180 applicants are invited to interview each year.

Friday evening “Meet and Greet” and Saturday interview dates for the cycle of 2019/2020 are as follows:

• August 23/24
  • September 13/14
  • October 18/19
  • November 8/9"

1 hour ago, HopefulPA2019 said:

Im kind of embarrassed to ask this but does anyone think I could get an interview with a 2.9 science gpa? I know the required minimum is 3.0, but caspa doesn't calculate your gpa until after they verify your transcript and at the point my app was already submitted. 

Don't be embarrassed... but I think if you don't meet the minimum criteria set by the school, then your application get filtered out. Not trying to discourage you, but I find it unlikely that your app even made it to the admission committee. I'm sorry, but I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, gbrown33 said:

Don't be embarrassed... but I think if you don't meet the minimum criteria set by the school, then your application get filtered out. Not trying to discourage you, but I find it unlikely that your app even made it to the admission committee. I'm sorry, but I hope this helps.

Ive received my credentials, does that mean anything or not so much..?

1 hour ago, HopefulPA2019 said:

Ive received my credentials, does that mean anything or not so much..?

It doesn't matter if your GPA is still below 3.0. I'd spend another year taking classes, getting straight A's, to bring that GPA up and show an upward trend in your grades. Either that or only apply to schools that don't require the 3.0 minimum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crj03 said:

How important do y'all think the meet and greet is? I have my interview this weekend on Saturday but will not be bale to attend the meet and greet due to my flight coming in later after work Friday. 

In my opinion, life happens and I would assume they will understand that. I think the interview is far superior, and if you do well at that I don't think the meet and greet really matters that much. Just my $.02 though.

I got the call guys, I'm in! It's official. I received my call around 6:30 PM (later than I thought it'd be). Funny story is they had my mom's # instead of mine so she called me to give me the news after receiving the voicemail from Professor Coleman about my offer of acceptance. Haha. I'm still in shock and over the moon. Best of luck to everyone! :) 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Leira23 said:

I got the call guys, I'm in! It's official. I received my call around 6:30 PM (later than I thought it'd be). Funny story is they had my mom's # instead of mine so she called me to give me the news after receiving the voicemail from Professor Coleman about my offer of acceptance. Haha. I'm still in shock and over the moon. Best of luck to everyone! 🙂

Congrats, any inclination at all if they are going to be sending another round of invites soon? Or how full the class is so far?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, patriciayvette said:

Okay I thought this was normal. Yes I have filled it out several times. Should it say completed? Can someone send a screenshot of what it should look like?

Yes it should say completed. I’ve contacted the IR desk and they said they will contact me. I’ll keep you updated!

3 minutes ago, patriciayvette said:

So my to do list was empty earlier this week and now I see the questionnaire and my gre scores are there even though I got an email from the program that they are able to see my gre scores. How do I contact IT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My to do list showed the same thing. Here’s the number: 214-648-7600. They will be able to help you! Keep me updated 🙂

8 minutes ago, patriciayvette said:

They told me I had to call admissions and then admissions just said to email them screenshots! I am worried my application has just been sitting here not being reviewed because of this 😞 

That's what I'm afraid of as well! I will email them my screenshots. Thank you for the update!