Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

16 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

I hear what you're saying Ward8493 abt them only going in twice a week but they did send out the time line schedule after COVID began and they said the first week of June. I guess my thinking is the school would've sent out emails to everyone if things had changed right?

This is what I'm hoping, too! It's hard to bank on them updating everyone as often as we'd assume is needed, they might have missed an additional notification but who knows...

It's kind of frustrating is all. They say the first week in the timeline email that was sent out in March but it doesn't happen. I feel as though they know who they're going to select by now. Holds up the process of sending more apps out in this new cycle as well for some people. Guess we all have to be understanding as the COVID pandemic has affected everyone and slowed things down all across the board. Hopefully next week then. I'm just super anxious I guess and ready to learn how to practice medicine

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 1

Has anyone thought that maybe they did go out, and perhaps none of us received an invite? If we don’t really know exactly when they are going out? Just wondering if I’m the only one that has had that cross there mind? I feel like one of us would have received one. But still, that did cross my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chapla36 said:

How many schools are you applying to? And how is the interview? Is it as rough as people say? I am very nervous about it...

Every single school’s interview is completely different. I’m a 2nd time applicant. Prepare, read the prep books, do mock interviews, and just be yourself! 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this helps ease anyone, but my boyfriend did the med masters program this year and was supposed to hear if he got accepted to the MD program right after finals but didn’t hear anything until the following week due to delays from the pandemic. The only communication they got was that meetings with the admissions committee was pushed to later than anticipated. So I’m sure that pushes everyone and every program back and we most likely we will hear back next week or so! 

crossing my fingers as I’m a reapplicant as well! 

Edited by ktran1
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, somerskm said:

I just received an email response from EVMS about whether or not we would hear if we did NOT get an interview. Here was the response:

Yes, you will receive a determination either way this month as to whether you receive an interview invitation.

I bet a lot of people have been emailing them because they didn't give out responses the first week in June as they said they would. Based on that response you received that could be anytime from today up until early July based on them saying we will be given no fewer than a 2 week notification before the start of interviews. Of course I'm going off a mid July interview date according to the timeline from the email from back in March. We shall see. hopefully it is today. This waiting is ridiculous...they know what they are doing lol.

Here’s another update from admissions: 

Invitations are sent out in rounds beginning this week. Yes, it’s true we normally attempt to send out invitations the first week of June, however, like you stated COVID-19 has caused many changes in our normal timelines as we navigate through these uncharted waters.”

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, somerskm said:

Here’s another update from admissions: 

Invitations are sent out in rounds beginning this week. Yes, it’s true we normally attempt to send out invitations the first week of June, however, like you stated COVID-19 has caused many changes in our normal timelines as we navigate through these uncharted waters.”

Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

1 minute ago, somerskm said:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, somerskm said:

Response to asking when we would hear about first-round interviews and how many rounds there would be:

Probably tomorrow or Wednesday. How many rounds all depends upon how many invitations have to be sent and accepted to fill all of the interview slots.”

Thanks for the info. So I guess 4 pm or so tmrw or Wednesday.

• Like 5