Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

3 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Does anyone know......

So I just finished two courses, one in Genetics and one in Biochemistry, A’s in both and wanted to let EVMS know that I’d like for them to see these grades as well. Do you know if they will let me send them? 

UPDATING THE CASPA TRANSCRIPT
If applicants have already completed and submitted their CASPA application but have since completed additional coursework that is required by our program (i.e. prerequisites), they MUST update their CASPA application to allow for calculation of the prerequisite GPAs. 

This is what I found in the handbook (page 30) I linked it down below.  
https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_2019-2020.pdf

On 5/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, Galganmm said:

UPDATING THE CASPA TRANSCRIPT
If applicants have already completed and submitted their CASPA application but have since completed additional coursework that is required by our program (i.e. prerequisites), they MUST update their CASPA application to allow for calculation of the prerequisite GPAs. 

This is what I found in the handbook (page 30) I linked it down below.  
https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_2019-2020.pdf

Thank you!!! 

Should be hearing back about interviews in a few weeks, starting to get antsy! Anyone else thinking about holding off on submitting this cycle of CASPA applications until around July? I am trying to decide if waiting till then could be too late for some programs with rolling admission. 

Just now, mtglynn97 said:

Should be hearing back about interviews in a few weeks, starting to get antsy! Anyone else thinking about holding off on submitting this cycle of CASPA applications until around July? I am trying to decide if waiting till then could be too late for some programs with rolling admission. 

Yes I am getting pretty Antsy as well! I wish we didn’t have to wait so long lol. But I have actually applied to three other schools already. Just because the waiting game for those schools is long as well, and I wanted to be able to hear from all the schools at least every two months or so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Yes I am getting pretty Antsy as well! I wish we didn’t have to wait so long lol. But I have actually applied to three other schools already. Just because the waiting game for those schools is long as well, and I wanted to be able to hear from all the schools at least every two months or so.

I went ahead and applied to some this cycle that start sending out invites in June and have smaller class sizes. I think it depends on how much of a risk you want to take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mxray said:

It feels like it has been so long! We're almost there! On the edge of my seat with everyone! Good luck!

Who are you telling. Believe we last received emails from EVMS around the end of March. I'm debating holding off doing another CASPA app in this new cycle as I don't want to pay out hundreds if not thousands of dollars for the app fees seeing as how I don't know just yet what EVMS will say. Plus it's still early in the new app cycle. Would be nice if they could let students know before a new app cycle starts though as we could plan better but hey it is what it is. I just hope to hear good news next week so that I can crush this interview and matriculate into a program finally. I'm ready & excited to learn how to practice medicine, change the lives of patients for the better and get on those front lines and help out!!!

• Like 1

Hmm weird, per my understanding, if the prospective PA students applied for the program, if they didn't meet the requirements, they would have received a rejection letter/email back in April. And then June is when they will call for interviews and get the decisions after. At least that's how I interpreted the email back in March. 

This is a copy and paste from page 5, from another student, but I got the same email also "

It was stated in an email they sent out in March.

Decline Notification (April - June)

• Decline notifications will start going out in April for those not meeting  admissions requirements, 

Interview Notification (first week of June)

• Interview notifications will go out via email in the first week of June."
Edited by flyer89
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flyer89 said:

Hmm weird, per my understanding, if the prospective PA students applied for the program, if they didn't meet the requirements, they would have received a rejection letter/email back in April. And then June is when they will call for interviews and get the decisions after. At least that's how I interpreted the email back in March. 

We can just blame COVID for throwing everything off this year. Why does Monday seem so far away?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ok so they send out 3 rounds usually 160 interviews. Those people have 72 hours to respond once that is over they will send out round two.... three, until they have 160. The first round of people have the highest amount of points then the 2nd, and third good luck to everyone we will know soon!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, patobe82 said:

Ok so they send out 3 rounds usually 160 interviews. Those people have 72 hours to respond once that is over they will send out round two.... three, until they have 160. The first round of people have the highest amount of points then the 2nd, and third good luck to everyone we will know soon!!

Is it on a Monday after 2PM right? 

• Like 1

Hello, I’am a second time applicant and applied this cycle.

Last 40 credits: 3.87 post bac- 4.0 

pre-reg gpa 3.92, I have one B

5560 peri clinical hours 

2300 Direct patient hours, EMT 

50 volunteer hours 

180 shadowing hours 

5 letters req. 

What’s everyone else’s STATS like? First time? Good luck to everyone. I’m getting excited for next week. Praying for an interview invite. I met with the director of the program last year and took her advice, retook a class and also took med term. I worked on getting more direct patient and volunteer hours. 

• Like 3