Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

32 minutes ago, nlo01 said:

Does anyone know if applicants are given interviews based on CASPER? I'm nervous about this part of the application since they don't show you the score. I had to take a close relative to the emergency department that day and just had a poor day, I don't think it ruined it. Just not ideal. Overall, I am hoping they take a "holistic approach."

Yes they do look at everything holistically, although if it comes down to you and another person and the deciding factor was the CASPer test then maybe, but I think it’s really just to see how you are personality wise. I wouldn’t worry, especially if you know all your other aspects of the application are good. 

36 minutes ago, nlo01 said:

Does anyone know if applicants are given interviews based on CASPER? I'm nervous about this part of the application since they don't show you the score. I had to take a close relative to the emergency department that day and just had a poor day, I don't think it ruined it. Just not ideal. Overall, I am hoping they take a "holistic approach."

Your personal statement is what I think is most important, That is what will get you in the door, because that’s your opportunity to express yourself and your passion for the PA profession. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Hello everyone! Hope you all are staying in and staying safe! For those who still have to go out and fight this virus head on, I send my blessings and I pray that Yahuah (Hebrew name) keeps you all covered and in good health. 

June can’t come soon enough lol!...

Thank you for the kind words! Same to you!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Mocarr78 said:

What do you mean about who they didnt choose ?

Well in the email I got awhile ago, it said between April and may they were sending out notices to the candidates that they may not choose, and then in June they send out the notices to candidates they would like for interviews. Idk maybe I read it wrong. Can anyone confirm this? 

It was stated in an email they sent out in March.

Decline Notification (April - June)

• Decline notifications will start going out in April for those not meeting  admissions requirements, 

Interview Notification (first week of June)

• Interview notifications will go out via email in the first week of June.

1 hour ago, Jenifer said:

It was stated in an email they sent out in March.

Decline Notification (April - June)

• Decline notifications will start going out in April for those not meeting  admissions requirements, 

Interview Notification (first week of June)

• Interview notifications will go out via email in the first week of June.

Feels like so long away still! Does anyone have any idea if their interviews will be virtual or in-person?

Edited by madip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, madip said:

Feels like so long away still! Does anyone have any idea if their interviews will be virtual or in-person?

It does feel like we have so much longer to wait until June! The email regarding the application review process stated information about the type of interviews to be conducted would be sent out in June

I'm feeling as though the interviews will be virtual as things with COVID-19 still makes the picture of things going forward somewhat cloudy. Plus this way would cut down on large groups of interviewees for the program, thus enforcing the social distancing still. Just my $0.02 

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 2