Class of 2022 Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

On 4/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, Patricia5827 said:

I’m reapplying this year so fingers crossed! I toured the campus today and I liked it. Met with Judy and she was kind of discouraged about my gpa but everything else is good so I’m still gonna apply

Would you mind sharing your GPA and how you were able to meet with Judy? I would love to PM you if you don't feel comfortable discussing it here. Awesome opportunity for you for early feedback!

On 5/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, rachelm1031 said:

Has anyone received the supplemental application yet?

It's been two years for me but if memory serves me right the link will be sent at a later date around June 1st or June 2nd and it will go out to everyone who has already submitted at about the same time. 

Word of advice, save all of your responses in a word document in case you have to reapply the following year. It will cut down tremendously on time. 

Edited by JD2012

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rach6195 said:

@JD2012 any truth to the requirements of a 3.4 science GPA and 40th percentile GRE and above?

I was accepted with a 3.2 GPA for both cumulative and science. When I applied their website only stated GRE percentiles, but if their website is now saying 3.4 Science than there's probably some truth to that requirement. 

The GRE yes! I would seriously try to shoot for at least 150 in each category. I personally had a 151 math and 158 verbal with a 4.0 writing. 

I had a good friend apply with a 3.8 GPA and 297 GRE and denied an interview. They wanted him to retake the GRE and would have given him an interview, but he refused. 

4 hours ago, JD2012 said:

I was accepted with a 3.2 GPA for both cumulative and science. When I applied their website only stated GRE percentiles, but if their website is now saying 3.4 Science than there's probably some truth to that requirement. 

The GRE yes! I would seriously try to shoot for at least 150 in each category. I personally had a 151 math and 158 verbal with a 4.0 writing. 

I had a good friend apply with a 3.8 GPA and 297 GRE and denied an interview. They wanted him to retake the GRE and would have given him an interview, but he refused. 

No just last year a friend said she called them last cycle and they told her that they didn’t offer interviews to people below a science 3.4 😕  as for my GRE my math is 150 but was in the 38th percentile. So I’m concerned 🙃 lol

14 hours ago, rach6195 said:

No just last year a friend said she called them last cycle and they told her that they didn’t offer interviews to people below a science 3.4 😕  as for my GRE my math is 150 but was in the 38th percentile. So I’m concerned 🙃 lol

What was your score for verbal?  If that is higher you might be okay.  

You can always email Judy Dickman, she will be straightforward with you. I had to really beef up the rest of my app as well my 2nd time applying. 

If it's a program you really want to attend, I would apply. Judy Dickman told me the first time my GPA was too low, at that time it was 3.1, so I took a few post-bacc science classes, got it a tad over 3.2 plus doing extra things to add to my app and was granted an interview. 

Edited by JD2012

3 hours ago, JD2012 said:

What was your score for verbal?  If that is higher you might be okay.  

You can always email Judy Dickman, she will be straightforward with you. I had to really beef up the rest of my app as well my 2nd time applying. 

If it's a program you really want to attend, I would apply. Judy Dickman told me the first time my GPA was too low, at that time it was 3.1, so I took a few post-bacc science classes, got it a tad over 3.2 plus doing extra things to add to my app and was granted an interview. 

Yeah my verbal was 156. But my science GPA is 3.12. I was a psych major doing only the prereqs and ended up failing Orgo which really dropped my science GPA. I submitted my app already but I guess if my science gpa is too low oh well lol. Thanks for your input!

On 5/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, rach6195 said:

Yeah my verbal was 156. But my science GPA is 3.12. I was a psych major doing only the prereqs and ended up failing Orgo which really dropped my science GPA. I submitted my app already but I guess if my science gpa is too low oh well lol. Thanks for your input!

Same thing with me I failed orgo 1 the first time I took it. I think when I applied the 1st time I had a 3.16 science GPA. I took a couple of orgo labs in between cycles, got A's and my GPA went to a 3.21.

Good luck and hang in there. 

Edited by JD2012
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, amyg95 said:

Curious if anyone has received the supplemental yet? I submitted my app 5/18. I thought the supplementals would be coming out the first of June... but I still have not received anything! 

I was wondering the same thing! Still nothing so far. 

7 minutes ago, NikPA said:

I got my supplemental today. Does anyone know why they asking the same questions as on Caspa? Like service hours...

Could not tell you why but it's been like that for years including when I applied. This is why I say to copy your responses to a word doc and save them in case you are applying to other Nova programs or if you have to reapply the following year. 

Could not tell you why but it's been like that for years including when I applied. This is why I say to copy your responses to a word doc and save them in case you are applying to other Nova programs or if you have to reapply the following year. 

The Orlando supplemental and Tampa supplemental questions for NSU are similar but slightly different! I found that the Orlando NSU supplemental was way easier and did not require as much info in regards to documenting dates and hours for extra curricular and community service compared to ft Lauderdale. But I agree!!!! Type your answers on a word doc this way you have it saved! It even says on the website for the supplemental to type your answers separate since the website will automatically close after an hour and if you don’t save your responses, you’ll lose them!

Thank you for your response! Also, I would really like to know why are they asking about how many schools am I applying for? I feel like it is some kind of game!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NikPA said:

Thank you for your response! Also, I would really like to know why are they asking about how many schools am I applying for? I feel like it is some kind of game!

I don't know the exact reason but at most might be to get an idea of what programs you're interested in, or if you are just applying to any random program.  Will that question hurt your chances of an interview invite? Not at all. 

Just a heads up some programs will ask you this question during the interview without any warning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...