Class of 2022 Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

On 6/14/2019 at 11:54 AM, SSPP123 said:

Just received an interview invite via email this morning! Link should be sent sometime in August. Such an early start compared to last cycle!!

Some applicants do get a very early interview notice each year. I got mine about this time as well a couple of years ago. 

Congrats!

I just applied to the Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, and Jacksonville campuses. And now i'm a little worried because of my Anatomy. My college doesn't offer human anatomy so I took comparative and then also took a an online anatomy w/ lab through Johns Hopkins. Has anyone taken an online anatomy and had an issue? 

Thanks in advance! 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:17 PM, alyssa22 said:

I just applied to the Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, and Jacksonville campuses. And now i'm a little worried because of my Anatomy. My college doesn't offer human anatomy so I took comparative and then also took a an online anatomy w/ lab through Johns Hopkins. Has anyone taken an online anatomy and had an issue? 

Thanks in advance! 

I haven s but when I had a tour with ft Myers, they highly suggested emailing their admissions with the syllabus of your anatomy class because they will only accept some classes. I recommend it!

Only a select few are getting interview invites this early. 

Also, I would not worry because when you get an interview invite the interview dates aren't chosen until a mass email goes out to all interviewees with a link that takes you to a calendar with available dates, and than it is first come first served no matter when you got your interview email. I would not worry yet. 

But definitely be vigilant of this calendar email, which I THINK goes out some time in August, if you sleep on that email, all the early interviews will be taken within an hour and you will be left with December-January interviews. 

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, VikkiKay said:

I am taking biochemistry in the fall (last pre-req), will this hurt my chances?

Not completely. If the rest of your app catches their attention, especially with a history of good grades in the sciences then you should be okay. With a very good application, one in progress pre-req should not completely hurt your chances.

I definitely know of one classmate who had Orgo in progress and got an interview and of course accepted. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VanessaMarion said:

Received an interview invite this morning, this is my 3rd time applying to this school! My GRE was 293, so do not lose hope if you didn’t do well on the GRE. I’m so thankful they are giving me a chance , if anyone has any interview tips I would be so thankful ! 

when did you apply? This is encouraging cause I got a 292. What were your stats? 

Edited by gbonfant

20 hours ago, VanessaMarion said:

Received an interview invite this morning, this is my 3rd time applying to this school! My GRE was 293, so do not lose hope if you didn’t do well on the GRE. I’m so thankful they are giving me a chance , if anyone has any interview tips I would be so thankful ! 

Congrats! That's great to hear. 

Be yourself, don't sound like a robot or rehearsed. Take your time answering questions. Process it, think it through and then answer.  Don't rush to answer questions as quickly as possible. The interview isn't bad at all, I promise. 

Your stats/application already got them hooked. The interview is to make sure you're not a serial killer! Relax!

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:49 PM, VanessaMarion said:

How long did it take for them to send you an interview invite from when your application was received?

On 7/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, VanessaMarion said:

Received one as well!

Edited by Lifeline10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@gbonfant so I took the GRE a second time and ended up doing worse , so used my first GRE score. Anyways my stats aren’t the best but my gpa is 3.7, science 3.4, patient and healthcare hours  about 600 and shadowing 150 and volunteering 50 . So I’m actually super thankful I got an interview esp. in my home state. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:44 PM, JD2012 said:

Congrats! That's great to hear. 

Be yourself, don't sound like a robot or rehearsed. Take your time answering questions. Process it, think it through and then answer.  Don't rush to answer questions as quickly as possible. The interview isn't bad at all, I promise. 

Your stats/application already got them hooked. The interview is to make sure you're not a serial killer! Relax!

Haha thank you ! That makes me feel better ! 

• 2 weeks later...