2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

On 7/11/2018 at 1:44 AM, Assistanttothephysician said:

Do you all think this program looks mostly at Prereq Science GPA and Bachelor's GPA rather than CASPA Cumulative GPA and CASPA Science GPA ? I know the minimum standards are set by the former, but I wonder which they use to evaluate us against one another. My cumulative GPAs are pretty thrashed from messing around early in community college, but by the two non-cumulative metrics I feel much more competitive.

Same here, I hope they look at the holistic applicant. : ) 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, LeBronisGOAT said:

What does "interview invitations will be announced on a rolling basis" mean?

I presume that what this means is that they send out their interview invitations in a rolling fashion, that they send them out in "pools" or not all at once. So I think that some people can expect to hear back earlier than others. My guess is that from the point of their deadline to November certain applicants will hear back first. 

Edited by ConAJ67

Just got an e-mail from UC Davis (7-19-18) stating:

Thank you for your interest in the UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing and for submitting your application to the MHS Physician Assistant Program. For more information about our school, we encourage you to visit our website. You may find the Physician Assistant Academics page or the Admissions FAQ pageof particular interest.

All applicants will receive an e-mail notification by the end of November with an update on their application status. Due to the high volume of applications received, we ask that you kindly refrain from contacting the School of Nursing regarding the status of your application.”

Edited by PAschoollove

6 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Just got an e-mail from UC Davis (7-19-18) stating:

Thank you for your interest in the UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing and for submitting your application to the MHS Physician Assistant Program. For more information about our school, we encourage you to visit our website. You may find the Physician Assistant Academics page or the Admissions FAQ pageof particular interest.

All applicants will receive an e-mail notification by the end of November with an update on their application status. Due to the high volume of applications received, we ask that you kindly refrain from contacting the School of Nursing regarding the status of your application.”

Same here.  The wait continues!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuanCabrillo1 said:

Did anyone get an invite to complete their supplemental?  Are we to infer from the email that we will need to wait until november to know if we will get to submit a supplemental?

Thanks!

I believe from what I read from previous forums that they send out supplemental apps after the interview.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Assistanttothephysician said:

What specialties are you all hoping to go into? I'd like to get into pediatrics, either emergency medicine or orthopedics.

Oh man! Such a great question! I’d like to get into internal med, dermatology, or emergency med. Good thing about this field we get to experience it all! Haha ? 

Edited by PAschoollove
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Assistanttothephysician said:

What specialties are you all hoping to go into? I'd like to get into pediatrics, either emergency medicine or orthopedics.

As off topic as it is, I'd like to start saying out that I highly admire your username, assistant TO the physician. I hope you're referencing what I think you're referencing, but, if not, I still like it.

In regards to the actual question, having been a scribe for several specialties including Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as well as Emergency Medicine, I'd definitely say PM&R is up there in terms of possible specialties. I shadowed a neurology PA for a bit too, which was extremely fascinating. But, we'll see!

Edited by ConAJ67

On 7/20/2018 at 10:42 AM, ConAJ67 said:

As off topic as it is, I'd like to start saying out that I highly admire your username, assistant TO the physician. I hope you're referencing what I think you're referencing, but, if not, I still like it.

In regards to the actual question, having been a scribe for several specialties including Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as well as Emergency Medicine, I'd definitely say PM&R is up there in terms of possible specialties. I shadowed a neurology PA for a bit too, which was extremely fascinating. But, we'll see!

Yes, haha, it's in reference to The Office!

Hello Everyone!

Submitted my app on 06/05.

In looking at the UC Davis PA app page, it says that "The application process may require an interview" and nowhere in the website did it mention an in-person interview as a requirement, only the UC Davis graduate application.

Is this information correct? I am getting mixed information

Thanks!

1 minute ago, YGrabo said:

Hi guys . I cannot find this school in CASPA . Could someone please  tell me the name they use in CASPA under organization? 

Thank you 

Its likely gone because the application deadline passed nearly a month ago (7/15). It was under UC Davis when it was up

5 hours ago, shelby9595 said:

So did I read tha they won’t send out the suplimental applications until AFTER the first round of interviews? Wouldn’t they want those to do the supplemental before the interview? 

Anyone know when they send out invites?

I think it makes sense to only extend supplemental applications to those who are still in the process after interviews. 

Last year invitations went out in the second week of September I believe.

• 4 weeks later...