2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

I imagine we're all trying to read the tea leaves and refreshing our emails obsessively...  I just breezed through last years forum and it looked like this week last year there was a flurry of activity!  Lots of people got interview/candidate day dates and some were a week or two from the date they got the email.  

I know no news is good news but the waiting is tough!  Fingers crossed we get some information soon ? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

I got an email today thanking me for submitting my GRE scores and inviting me to apply to the school? It went to a different email than my CASPA email so I'm not sure what to think 

I received the same email. I'm pretty sure graduate admissions and program admissions are different entities, but maybe it means things are moving on their end. 

38 minutes ago, StephanieHampton said:

I’m confused, I thought GRE wasn’t required? Was there a separate application from caspa?

You're correct, the GRE is not required. Some people sent it in anyways since you get three or four schools to send it to for free after you're done testing. If your scores are decent, and since we aren't sure whether or not the school would take the scores into consideration, it might not hurt to send them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, corpsmanspear85 said:

Has anyone received a email, phone call, mailed letter, smoke signal, messenger pigeon , telegraph, or other form of communication from UC Davis about invites?

Nope to all those communication methods, lol. "Patiently" waits as I recheck my email a billion times a day. ?

• Like 1